ᴍɪꜱᴜɴᴅᴇʀꜱᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ

𝓝𝓸𝓮𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥

i noticed chase hasn't talked to me since i made that post and i'm beginning to think he's mad? he did leave that comment of shock under the post so maybe he's been a bit tense about me jumping right into a relationship after that night in italy. maybe he asked me if i felt anything because he felt something too.. he may have felt it a little too much...

i felt bad about it, but i just wanted to be honest with him. i quickly opened a FaceTime call, hoping he would pick up. 

"hey!" he said, smiling. "hi.. can we talk?" i asked, a bit nervous. "of course we can. whats up?" he asked, with a look of worry on his face. "well.. i-i saw your comment and- i just have a weird feeling that you don't like Abby." i said, gently. "what are you talking about bub?" chase asked in confusion. "oh- wait. well- its not that i don't like her. i just- i don't like the fact that you jumped into this relationship with her right after that night." he said. 

"chase why is it such a big deal? you and i already talked about this-" 

"noen you told me you felt something! how the hell do you jump into a relationship when you felt something for someone?!" 

"the same way you jumped into things with josh!" 

"what are you talking about?" 

"josh wouldn't taunting me about how i 'broke your heart' and how your dating now!" 

"he was taunting you?" 

"of course he was! he hates me and i don't know why!" 

"you jumped into things with abby before i even considered being with josh."

"it doesn't matter, i thought you were going to stop talking to him for the sake of the others! and me! but no, instead you decided to date him. you know what? fuck this. fuck you. fuck you chase." 

"noen please-" 

"no chase, i've had enough of this! you were so sweet and understanding before he came back and now your giving him everything he wants. you even almost left me on a fucking mountain because you wanted to be around him so bad!" 

"noen i got distracted-"

"yeah, you got so distracted that you forgot i existed." i said, starting to tear up. 

"noen, don't be like that bub.. i'm sorry. i truly am sorry baby." 

"no chase, your not because if you were you would let me be happy." i said, before hanging up. 

after hanging up, i shut my laptop and curled with my knees to my chest and cried. he was really choosing him over me? he said it himself, josh hurt him. and he still went back? i thought i meant something to him but i guess i was wrong... 

after crying for a bit, i called abby to talk for a bit since i was so upset. she always makes me feel better; when miles isn't around of course. 

"hey noen! oh my god whats wrong? you look so sad.." she said, answering the call. "i'm okay. i was just talking to chase. i think he's choosing josh over me." i mumbled. "oh no. wait- is the josh the tall kid who keeps calling him a hottie? last name richards?" she asked. i nodded gently. "they're dating now and chase is acting like nobody else exists." 

yeah, i bent the truth a bit but if i told her the entire truth i'd be fucking up entirely. "aw noen im sorry. i've learned that if the person truly wants you around they'll come back. and i think eventually chase will come back." abby said, reassuringly. 

[who knew, the angel and the devil  speak the same words in very different context.]

"maybe your right." i said. "just give him a little time to realize whats better for him. eventually he'll come around." abby smiled. "thanks abby." i said. 

maybe asking abby out was a great idea. it may be making chase a little jealous but he'll get over it. she'll stay around, i know she will. she isn't like any other girl, and she's definitely not a dumb guy. i believe in this. i really do. 

"anytime noen. i've got your back sweetheart." she said. 

was i hoping chase would come around? of course i was, i love chase. was i going to sit around and wait on him? no, or course not. what am i going to do? keep my distance. i know he's not toxic, but i want him to realize that i'm not just staying his friend because i want to. i feel like i need to stay his friend. i need to keep him around- i don't know exactly why but i know it in my gut that if i don't keep him i'll never be the same person i used to be ever again.