Chapter 4

"Thanks for the welcome party

"Thanks for the welcome party. Husband," I finish, crossing my arms across my chest. I notice his brown eyes drop towards my cleavage and instantly scoff. Fantastic. He's eyeing me up whilst he still has his dick buried inside someone else.

"I'm not your husband," he retorts, hastily pulling his jeans back on before he turns to face me, the redheaded girl behind him taking her time to shimmy her tiny red mini-dress down her legs.

"You are according to this!" I argue, yanking the piece of paper out of my bag and holding it up for him to see. He reaches out, snatching it from my hand and scowling down at the certificate. "Would you kindly get the hell out of my house?" I snap at the girl. She looks from me to him, a slight smirk pinned to her face.

"You may as well go," Zac agrees, gesturing for her to leave. "It's not like we can finish what we started." The smirk instantly falls from her face as she stomps towards the door, pulling it open and storming out.

As Zac furrows his eyebrows at the words on the paper I can't help but let my eyes rake over his features, dark blonde hair swept back slightly, his high cheekbones strong enough to cut glass. He towers over me despite the fact that I am taller than the average woman and I find my lips parting as I take in the sight of him, knowing that if I hadn't watched him pull himself out of someone else only minutes before, I'd probably be jumping him right about now.

"This means fuck all." Zac scoffs, chucking the certificate down onto the black couch beside him.

"Well, it's what was in my envelope," I retort. "What was in yours?"

"Keys."

"And?"

"Don't know." He shrugs, an uninterested look pinned to his face, annoyance rising within me at the sight.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I snap. "Give it here!"

"I lost it."

"What the hell does that mean?" I splutter. How can you lose something like that? It had his keys in, he's only had the damn thing for an hour!

"I took the keys and left everything else."

"Left it?"

"Stop fucking questioning me," he yells and I can't help but raise an eyebrow. Who the fuck does he think he is? As much as he hates this, hell I can't stand him, we are forced into this together. For better or for worse.

"How are we supposed to know what was in there?" I argue.

"I don't care."

"Well, I do." I counter, watching as his jaw tenses.

"Alright," he snaps, striding over towards me. I step back, hitting the wall as he places a hand on either side of me, caging me in. "Goody Two Shoes wants to follow the rules." He smirks as my heart hammers against my chest, the close proximity almost making me forget how to breathe.