Chapter 45

"Zac!" My sister looks shocked to see me, her eyes widening in disbelief

"Zac!" My sister looks shocked to see me, her eyes widening in disbelief. "What... you..."

"Surprised to see me?" I snap, my grip tightening around my gun. Is she fucking serious? I thought she was bloody dead for all these years but she's just been with them this entire time.

"Put down your guns," Gia replies, regaining her composure and quickly masking her emotions.

"Zac?" Emilia's small voice asks. I keep my eyes on my traitorous sister, narrowing them as I raise my gun.

"Not a fucking chance," I snap, pulling the trigger and shooting a bullet straight through the Enforcer to the left of my sister. Emilia steps up beside me, mimicking my movements and taking out another.

The street is instantly flooded with Enforcers once more, all of us engaging in quick battles; Claudia passing knives to Emilia and Kayla, Jordan taking on two guns, Kieran using one of the Enforcer's batons against them.

I don't stop firing my gun at the various Enforcers, all the while attempting to advance towards the stage. I need answers, and I need them right fucking  now.

Pressing my gun against the next Enforcer's forehead, I shoot him, the body instantly falling away. My eyes fall on the empty stage behind him, a string of curse words leaving my mouth. She fucking ran.

Glancing around, I can see that we're ridiculously outnumbered and quickly grab hold of Jordan.

"We need to get the fuck out of here," I tell him and he nods, instantly scooting along to tell Anna the same thing.

Turning away, I make my way over to Emilia, watching as she lets go of a knife, the metal flying through the air before it embeds itself in someone's chest. Fucking hell.

"Emilia!" I call out, her head turning towards me. I raise my gun and shoot the Enforcer who attempts to sneak up as her back is turned. "We need to go, now!"

Surprisingly, she nods at me. I turn just in time to see Anna, Heidi and Sam all disappearing down the end of the street, only a couple of Enforcers in tow. They'll be fine.

"Emilia!" I repeat. She grabs onto Kayla before they swiftly run down the side of the terraced houses, disappearing out of sight.

I shoot at the first Enforcer who tries to run after them before shoving the butt of my gun into the second, quickly following with my foot, my sharp kick causing a domino effect on the Enforcers. There's no time to smirk at the sight of them falling over, instead turning and racing after Emilia and Kayla.