Chapter 14

I spent all of yesterday in the basement with Kieran, trying to improve my shooting skills, lifting weights, boxing, pouring over any State documents that we have, distracting myself with anything I could find

All of it to get my mind off her. The way her long blonde hair flows down over her shoulders, just begging to be grabbed, tugged and cherished. The way she crosses her arms, pushing her tits together and emphasising them more than they already are on their own. The fire in her eyes every time we speak, her brutal attitude constantly putting me in my place.

She fucking rejected me. I gave myself to her on a silver platter and she pushed me away for no fucking reason.

Why the hell does that bother me so much? Sure, I'm not used to rejection but this is different. Something about Emilia is different...

For the first time ever I pushed Anna out of the bed when she jumped in behind me that night, not even accepting a half-hearted blow job from her, too angry at what had happened with Emilia earlier that day. I got myself off instead, leaning up against the shower, hand wrapped around my length with my eyes closed as I thought of my fucking wife, the way her lips felt on mine, the way her tits felt crushed up against me. Best wank I ever had.

I refused to tell Claudia and Jordan what happened, both of them grilling me on why I was back at the house so soon, State inspection be damned. If the State came by whilst I wasn't there I would give myself up, I wouldn't let Emilia take the fall for me again.

"Are you ready?" Claudia asks, bouncing into the room, grinning as she pops something in her hair to hold it up. Bridget looks up at her nodding appreciatively as I glance between them, uninterested.

"Ready for what?" I mutter, looking back down at the gun in my hand and continuing to clean it.

"For the party!" Claudia retorts. "You said last night that you'd go."

"I'd had a few beers," I reply. "I didn't know what I was fucking saying."

"Doesn't matter!" She grabs the gun from my hand, slamming it down onto the table next to Bridget. "You agreed, so you're coming."

"I have more important things to be doing than going to some shitty ass, high school party," I snap back, standing up quickly and glaring down at her.

"Not true," Jordan argues, walking into the room and grabbing hold of Claudia, wrapping an arm around her waist. "You need to keep up appearances more than anything right now. People from the married part of town need to recognise you."

"He's right," Bridget mutters, smiling apologetically at me. I know he fucking is, that doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

"Fine," I snap, grabbing hold of my leather jacket from the back of the chair. "I'm not staying long though."

"Just talk to a few people," Claudia replies as we start towards the door. "That's all I'm asking!"

"Have fun!" Bridget calls after us and I quickly flip her the finger before shutting the door to drown out her peals of laughter.