Chapter 24

Zac doesn't even flinch at the word 'Guilty'

Zac doesn't even flinch at the word 'Guilty'. I can't help but fly out of my seat in panic, screaming out the words. "Please don't do this!"

At the sound of my voice, he finally looks up, his bruised and blackened face finding mine, a painful looking smile appearing on his lips. This isn't right. He shouldn't be going through this...

"I sentence both Ms Thomson and Mr Hastings to thirty days in the prison."

Thirty days. No-one's that strong... I was close to giving up after eight hours in the Cell, and they've already endured seven days of absolute hell.

The words echo around me, mouth dropping open at the thought of them undergoing prolonged torture, watching as they haul the prisoners to their feet, both of them visibly injured.

I step forward, wrenching my arms away from Claudia and Heidi. "I won't let you!" I yell, shaking my head, glaring at Mrs Germain.

She was a shit Science teacher, a twat of a headteacher and she's just a fucking bitch. I wish she'd fucking die.

The harsh pulling from the Enforcers on Zac's arm has me reacting faster than I can think. Grabbing onto the wood in front of me, I jump over, unsure how I manage to stay standing in these ridiculous fucking heeled boots.

Before the Enforcers can react, I fly towards him, Zac effortlessly throwing them off of his arms, despite his weakened state. I don't even think before my body collides with his, a sharp breath escaping him as I wrap my arms around him. Shit Emilia, you just fucking hurt him!

His arms immediately curl around my waist, stopping me from moving back as he looks down into my eyes. "Emilia."

My name has never sounded so beautiful, the way he pronounces every syllable as if he's savouring them almost has me on my knees, begging them to take me instead. But I know that Zac will never let that happen.

Up close I can see the pure damage that has been done to his face, sharp, deep cuts lining his forehead, bruises covering his eyes and cheekbones. This isn't justice, it's fucking torturing someone for fun.

He quickly leans in, meeting my lips with his own, my body instantly craving more, wanting to melt into his arms forever. What the fuck has happened to me?

A sharp tug pulls me harshly away from him with a yelp, arms yanking my body backwards as I scream in protest. I can only watch as three Enforcers pull Zac away, his eyes never leaving mine before the door slams shut, wrenching him out of my life. I don't even know if I'll ever see him again.

I don't stop kicking against the Enforcer, another swiftly grabbing hold of my legs as they carry me out of the room, my friends yelling behind me. As soon as we exit the building, they drop me down onto the ground, pain searing through my palms from the hard concrete, my bare knees scuffing against the floor.