Chapter 46

"Lyla

"Lyla..." I say, and she instantly shakes her head at me.

"If you think I'm going to sit around and do nothing after they attacked me and then murdered my husband, you have another thing coming," she snaps. Alright, fair enough.

"What about your parents? They aren't going to be-"

"They're dead," she answers, her face clear of emotion.

"What?" I exclaim and she nods.

"The Enforcers came for them two nights ago," Lyla explains. "Because of Rayden and I."

"Lyla, I'm so sorry," I tell her and she nods before shaking her head.

"I want to fight."

"Okay," I agree, quickly cutting off whatever Zac is about to say. Sure... I don't like the girl, but I completely understand her motives and intentions to fight. She needs to do this, just like I did.

"Emilia," he hisses.

"Where have you been staying?" I ask, ignoring Zac's disgruntled expression.

"In the ruins of the pub down by the castle," Lyla answers.

"You need to get all your stuff from there," I reply just as Sam exits his house, eyes widening as he spots Lyla with her friends.

"What's going on?" 

"I don't fucking know," Zac retorts, his face set in a grim expression.

"Lyla wants to join us." I smile, Zac cursing under his breath.

"Oh!" Sam exclaims, dropping his bag by our feet. "I'm sorry Lyla... about... Ray."

"Aren't we all?" Lyla retorts, tearing her gaze away from us.

"Sam?" I say softly. "Will you go with them to get their stuff? Bring them back to the Safe House after?"

"Excuse me?" Zac explodes and I roll my eyes.

"Where do you suggest we send them?"

"Far away from us!"

"We need as much support as we can get," I argue. "You know that!" I pause. "Go, Sam, I'll take your stuff back to the Safe House," I tell him. He glances between Zac and I, clearly unsure what to do until I send him a glare. Quickly, Sam turns, ushering them away.

"Seriously?" Zac snaps, grabbing Sam's bag and hauling it over his shoulder. "That Safe House isn't a fucking mansion you know."

"Of course I know that," I retort, picking my own bag up and following him as we begin down the street. "But where else are we all supposed to meet?"

"How about on the outskirts of Nottingham?"

"We don't even know when we're leaving yet," I point out and he grimaces. "You can be angry with me all you fucking want." I scoff. "This is fucking necessary."