Chapter 21

I am woken the next morning by someone laying their arm over my stomach

I instantly shoot up, eyes wide to face the intruder in my bedroom, my heart racing against my ribcage, fear clawing up my throat.

"It's me!" Zac exclaims quickly before my eyes fall onto him, sitting on the edge of the bed beside me, still wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

"You came back," I say breathlessly, surprised to even see him back at the house, let alone in my bedroom.

"Of course," he retorts. "You gave me an offer I couldn't refuse," he says, a cheeky grin filling his face, making my insides melt. "Is what you suggested last night still on the table?"

"Where did you go?" I ask, attempting to ignore his hand as it rests on the leg that's broken free from the blanket. He quickly looks away from my gaze, removing his hand from my skin and tensing his jaw.

"Jordan and Claudia had a burst pipe," Zac says, an obvious lie. I shake my head.

"And it took you all night to fix?" I scoff, watching as he looks up towards the ceiling.

"Yeah," he replies. "Look, can we just-"

"I know you're lying," I interrupt. Does he take me for a fool? He quickly looks up, his distraught eyes meeting mine, the intense emotion pouring out of them causing me to inhale sharply. What's wrong with him? What happened last night?

"Just forget it," Zac mutters, before standing up and turning away towards the door. I immediately want to reach out and pull him back, help him forget whatever it is that's clearly troubling him. I guess we don't know each other well enough for him to trust me with his secret, but he came back, and that's more than he's ever done before.

He obviously had a bad night, and yet he still came home at the crack of dawn, maybe only because of what we were doing last night.

I'm the person he came to seek comfort from, even if it is just in the form of sex. I'd be a liar if I said I haven't done the same thing with Rayden in the past. So who am I to deny Zac this? Especially after I'm the one who offered, the one who has longed for it, who dreamed of it last night after he left.

"Wait!" I call out, watching as Zac stops in the doorway, his back still facing me. "The... the offer still stands."

I watch as his back tenses before he turns to face me, eyes trailing from my legs to my scantily clad torso before opening his mouth to speak. "Are you sure?" he asks huskily.

"Nothing has changed." I shrug, watching as a somewhat dark smirk covers his face before he strides towards me, my stomach fluttering slightly with anticipation before he rests his knee on the bed, leaning down and using both hands to angle my face up to meet his lips in a deep, long, sensual kiss that takes my breath away.

Pulling back, he grins at my wide eyes, moving one hand to trail down the bare skin of my back, the hairs instantly standing on end, reacting to his electric touch. Sitting down on the bed, he moves his other hand down my neck, stopping on the skin just above my chest and I can't help but grin, daring him to continue, butterflies filling my stomach.