Chapter 25

"Why the fuck did you bring her here?"

"Anna!"

"Why not?"

"No-one should know about this place." The high-pitched drone of a female voice snaps at the other person, my head slowly able to register the words that are being spoken around me.

"So, I should have just let her die?"

"Not necessarily, but you didn't need to drag her sorry ass here!"

"Where else would you recommend I take her?" The deep male voice retorts as my head begins to pound, already wishing I could go back under, away from their loud voices.

"How about the deserted houses in West Bridgford?"

"We don't even know if she's okay, Anna! That was one hell of a fucking drop."

"So? Didn't stop you from jumping in after her, did it, Kieran?" the girl yells. Can't they all just fucking shut up? My head feels like someone is banging on it like a drum, my body slowly regaining some feeling as I wake. Fuck, I ache all over.

"She was clearly wasted. I wasn't about to just let her drown!"

"Well, congratulations! Because of you, everyone is going to find out about all of us."

"No they fucking aren't!" the guy yells back, a clattering sound quickly following.

"Shh! She's waking up." A new voice exclaims, this person sounding a lot closer. I finally force my eyes open, looking up at the vaulted black ceiling, instantly feeling nauseous from the bright light.

"Shit," I exclaim, turning my head. The blonde girl next to me grins, sending me an awkward wave from her chair. A pale boy with piercing emerald eyes stands in the background, watching me warily, with his arms crossed as a tall brunette girl glares back at me, an instant dislike already apparent between us. "Where am I?" I wheeze out, attempting to manoeuvre myself into some form of sitting position.

"We're-"

"It's none of your business," the brunette snaps, cutting blondie off.

"What? You fucking kidnapped me?" I scoff, rubbing my hands over my painful eyes. I don't need this shit from her right now.

"No," the guy replies. "Please excuse Anna, she's always a bitter bitch," he snaps, earning a smirk from me as the brunette purses her lips. "I'm Kieran."

"Bridget." Blondie beside me grins, sitting back in her chair and crossing her legs.

"You saved me?" I ask Kieran, my eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"I saw an out of control chick throwing a bottle, and herself, into the fast flowing River Trent," he retorts. "I could hardly walk away."

"Thanks," I mutter.