Chapter 34

Walking downstairs to the basement, I stop suddenly at the sound of a gunshot

Walking downstairs to the basement, I stop suddenly at the sound of a gunshot. Furrowing my eyebrows, I quickly stalk down the corridor to the sound-proofed room and yank the door open. My eyes fall onto the back of Emilia's head as she fires another bullet, the shot landing on the upper right of the target's chest.

"You're getting better," Kieran observes from the side, neither of them having noticed me.

"Not fast enough." Emilia sighs, handing the gun over to him.

"When Claudia told me that you were down here, this isn't what I was expecting to find," I say, announcing my presence, both Kieran and Emilia turning to face me, her eyes wide.

"Zac!"

"I'll leave you to it," Kieran retorts, slapping my shoulder as he walks past, letting the door slam shut behind him.

"How was Manchester?" Emilia asks, moving towards me and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"The same as normal." I shrug. "There were only three Enforcers to greet my truck though."

"Three?" She cocks an eyebrow.

"Yeah." I nod. "But when I got back to Nottingham there were fifteen."

"Something fishy is going on," she says and I move my hands to rest on her waist.

"Definitely," I reply as she moves away, turning back to the table. "You should have told me that they were teaching you how to use a gun," I comment and she bites her lip.

"I was going to," she replies, looking guiltily at me. "It's new though. I started off with knives."

"Knives?" I raise an eyebrow at the sound of Bridget's preferred weapon.

"Yeah." She grins. "I'm much better at those."

"Show me," I request and she smiles, turning away and walking over to the side of the room before pulling out two large metal knives and turning to the target. I cross my arms as I watch her take a large breath in before lifting her hand and pulling it back, launching the metal towards the other side of the room before I can blink. The knife embeds itself into the target's neck as my mouth parts slightly in shock. Did she really just fucking do that?

Raising her other hand, she chucks the second knife, it quickly finding its home in the chest of the fake man. I feel my dick stirring in my jeans at the sight, Emilia surprising me at every turn, challenging every assumption that I have about her, instead showing me that she's everything I need her to be and more. Fucking incredible. Reaching down, she dusts her hands off on her knees before turning to face me, a smirk on her face at the sight of my expression.

"What?" she exclaims. "You didn't expect that from me?"

"No I fucking didn't," I admit, stalking towards her and roughly wrapping my arm around her back. "Fucking hell."