Chapter 33

"What?" Zac's voice is unrecognisable, so low and filled with anger that I almost flinch away

"What?" Zac's voice is unrecognisable, so low and filled with anger that I almost flinch away. "What?" he repeats with a yell, grabbing onto the chair beside him and chucking it across the room as I watch with wide eyes, my heart battering against my chest in panic.

"It's not how it sounds!" I plead as Anna smirks.

"Then please, enlighten me," he snaps and I cringe, taking a step back.

"I was throwing up, all because I was so worried about you!" I attempt to explain. "But Claudia wondered if it was something else-"

"Is everything okay in here?" Claudia asks as she runs in, eyes taking in the chair lying upside down across the room.

"You knew that she was fucking other men?" Zac accuses, pointing at me as he takes a step towards her.

"What?" Claudia exclaims, confusion filling her features.

"I'm not fucking other men!" I yell, attempting to reason with him.

"Then how could you be fucking pregnant?" he snaps and I grimace.

"Sorry, what?" Bridget exclaims, eyes wide as she enters the room.

"Emilia is a slut," Anna explains, pointing between the two of us. I grit my teeth together, attempting to ignore the arrogant bitch.

"Who?" Zac snaps. "Someone from that club?"

"What?" I exclaim. "No!"

"I need to get out of here." Zac grimaces, reaching up and running his hand through his hair.

"Zac, please let me-"

"Emilia, don't!" he yells, stepping away from me, his hands outstretched in front of him. "I need to be alone," he begs before disappearing out the room, not giving me time to argue, door slamming behind him only moments later. Anna makes a move to follow but Claudia steps in front of her, blocking the path.

"Don't you fucking dare," she snaps, Anna narrowing her eyes at her.

"Emilia?" Bridget questions, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I haven't," I insist. "Not since way before he was put in prison! But yes, technically I still could have been pregnant because there was someone else, two months ago," I explain. "Zac knew about him but now he clearly thinks I'm still doing it." I look down at the ground.

"You bitch!" Bridget exclaims and I look up, startled by her insult. Surprisingly, I find her glaring across the room at Anna instead.

"I didn't know the full story," Anna justifies, shrugging before leaving.

"Zac will come around, Em," Bridget says softly and I shake my head as a traitorous tear falls down my cheek.

"I'm not so sure."

"Don't be silly," Claudia mutters. "Go home. I'll convince Zac to come and speak to you when he returns."

"You will?"