Chapter 20

It's been a long fucking day and all I want to do is relax someplace where no-one will bother me

Going back to the group house I'll be trapped by Anna, questioned by Kieran and set to work by Bridget. Claudia will ask me to help her clean out a gun and Jordan will want to have a beer. I'd rather go back to Emilia. Not because I'm feeling any fucking way about her, but because it's easier to deal with one person than a whole fucking army.

I've taken Emilia to the empty, deserted factory every evening these last three weeks to teach her how to fight. I don't intend on dragging her down with me, but I want her to be able to help herself to some fucking degree when the time comes.

Ever since my slipped hand inside her underwear twenty odd days ago, her head thrown back in ecstasy as I touched her, I haven't been able to get the image out of my head, the short encounter only making me crave her even fucking more.

Every time she takes her top off, leaving only a sports bra to contain her large tits, I struggle to control myself, every time she bends over to get something out of my duffel bag I have to battle myself not to jump on her right there and then.

If I fucked Emilia she'd want more, she'd want the relationship that goes along with it and I don't see myself being able to give her that.

Walking down the street towards our place I peer across at Claudia and Jordan's dark home, both of them clearly over at the group house tonight. Claudia had slipped me a note today when I was between deliveries, sliding into the warehouse and risking being caught to tell me they had something important to tell me.

It can wait until tomorrow morning. I told Emilia I'd be home tonight.

Slipping my key into the front door, I let myself in before shutting it behind me.

"Emilia?" I call out.

"I'm upstairs!" she replies and I make my way into the kitchen before grabbing a cracker from the cupboard, the measly rations I get on the road doing nothing to sate my hunger. "Did you have a good day?"

"It was alright." I scoff. "You?"

"No, I had to dig out the vegetables all morning instead of planting because dimwit Patrick got himself locked up," she replies and I raise an eyebrow. What I wouldn't give to work in the fields instead of trawling through the dark, deserted, lonely countryside all day.

I eat a few more crackers before making my way back into the living room and grabbing onto my bag, searching through it for some clean clothes.

"Zac?" Emilia says softly and I turn around, frozen in place at the sight before me. Emilia stands on the other side of the room, a low cut red bodysuit hugging her figure, a dark denim skirt covering the top of her legs. "I'm going to cook dinner."

"Dinner?"

"Yeah," she replies with a small grin. "Or do you have something else in mind?" She smirks, walking towards me slowly, my gaze unashamedly running over the length of her body. Wow.