Chapter 3 - Blast

You sat on the couch, still in your clothes from the day before, in the tower living room, scribbling down notes that you could remember for making your machine. "Morning, Y/n,"

"Morning, Mr Rogers,"

"Steve or Cap is fine," giving him a nod you continue to scribble and tear at pages. "Where did you get that note book?"

"There was some in the bedroom," Stark had given everyone their own room, you were honestly gobsmacked at the sheer amount of rooms on this floor, to be fair there were two floors on this one floor. Steve places down his coffee and takes out his own notebook, sketching little things out which honestly was so cute. One by one each avenger trudged into the room, greeting you and the others. Suddenly Sherlock walks out the room whining. "Here we go,"

"What's wrong with him?"

"He didn't get to finish his case," Sherlock plops down next to you and lays his head in your lap. You play with his curls as he continues to whine. Getting sick of his moaning you rummage in your pockets and pull out Nicotine patches. "Is it a one patch problem?" He shakes his head. "Only two?" He shakes his head. "Three? Alright," you place three patches on his left arm and he sighs, getting back to his mind palace.

"That's a lot of patches," Banner gives a concerned glance.

"It's a three patch problem," you and Sherlock say in unison.

"Right... what's the case?"

"Series of murders related to a specific set of tarot decks, all murder victims left with the wheel of fortune card in their hands, no weapon, no connection,"

"Sounds unsolvable," Clint says out loud.

"I've solved it, but he won't agree," You look down at Sherlock who was mumbling things. "I'm telling you, Russian roulette with the Lunar covet," Sherlock shakes his head in denial. "The lunar covet is a group of witches that sacrifice people," you direct this comment to the Avengers.

"Well, that seems plausible," You nod at Banner.

"See? I'm telling you, little Abbey White shot them," Bruce chokes in his coffee. "Oh yeah, the murderer is the leaders daughter Abbey,"

"Not possible, Abbey was in Oxford at the time of the second death," Jim strolls in looking good as new.

"Twins," everyone turns to Jim who had sat by your side.

"Ha!" John shouts in victory of there finally being a case with twins. "Sorry," you chuckle and poke Sherlocks nose.

"How would you know?" Cap asks worriedly.

"Little Abbey and her twin Diana came to me for help, said their mother wasn't sacrificing enough people," you throw your notebook at Jim who cowers in fear.

"I told you no consulting with children!"

"They had the North Korean missile plans!" He counters.

"Ok that's fair," he passes you the notebook back and you continue to scribble down formulas.

"I'm sorry, but are we just going to dismiss the fact that he is encouraging children to murder people?!" Cap suddenly yells in shock.

"Little Abbey already killed people, I just nudged her a little," you suddenly leap up off your seat causing Sherlock to fall face flat on the ground.

"Jim, what was the formula that I told you to type up?"

"ħ = h/2π," the two genius' say in unison. They look up and glare at each other.

"Thank you!" You kiss them both on the cheek quickly before running to your room. The men blush before returning to their death stares.

~~~

Tony passed you a pliers from across the room, it had been a few days and you were almost done with the machine, thankfully Tony had all the parts you needed. "Almost done!" Tony looks back at you with a smile when you finished fixing the last wire.

"You're a brilliant girl," you take a bow, thanking the billionaire. "Now let's see this thing in action!" You flip the switches and asked FRIDAY to input some codes. A familiar blue swirl filled the frame and Tony gasped.

"I'd like to thank my trusty sidekick, Tony Stark and my Boss FRIDAY,"

"What?! I passed the pliers!" You laugh at Tony's frown and walk over to the portal, poking it lightly you hoped it wouldn't suck you in without the others.

"Ok, it seems to be stable," Poking it once more while Tony put away equipment a sudden spark flew out of the portal causing the machine to override and blow up in your face. Flying backwards you hit a cart full of parts as a people run into the lab with weapons ready.

"Y/n!" John runs over, putting his pistol away. "Oh god," he moves hair out of your face to check where the blood was coming from.

"What happened?" Jim points the gun at Tony who got up with blasters ready. "What did you do to her?"

"Nothing, the stupid machine blew up!" Sneering, Moriarty puts down his weapon and goes to your side.

"Fractured skull and ribs,"

"Punctured left lung," Sherlock lifts you up and carries you off the rubble.

"What did Stark do this time?" Loki enters the room in full armour and lays his eyes on you. "Oh dear, is she dead?"

"Have sympathy, brother, she's hurt," Loki rolls his eyes and pushes them aside.

"I'm no healer, this may take a while," a green glow emitted from the tricksters hand.

"What the bloody hell-" Johns wave of astonishment was cut off by Loki quieting him down.

"Quiet," Loki snarls. Minutes passed of anticipation as the glow faded and Loki opened his eyes. "She will be fine," Everyone sighs in relief as you are picked up by Sherlock.

"I'll bring her to her bedroom," they all nod as John follows closely behind. After exiting the elevator and entering your room, you are placed down on the bed.

"She will be ok," John assures his friend.

"I hope so,"

"Why don't you just tell her?" Sherlock scoffs as he places you under the covers.

"Elementary my dear Watson... I'm simply not good enough," The detective chuckles sadly, looking down at your calm face.

"You are the best man I know, you definitely are good enough," you seem to stir in bed, clinging onto Sherlocks arm, pulling him down. Sherlock looks to his blogger for help. "Now is your chance, mate," He sighs and places himself next to you comfortably. Awkwardly looking back at John when you cuddled up against him, the blonde man gestures for him to put an arm around you, which sherlock does.

"Thank you, John," John nods and closes the door as Sherlock looks down at you with a smile.

~~~

Hi! I just want to say thank you to CrazyPerson4967  for dedicating the first chapter of her book "mirrors and magic" to me, it's a Loki x reader and it is AMAZINGGGG I love it! Go check it out!!! ❤️

- Anna ❤️