Chapter 36 - Red syrup

"Hey Friday, don't tell anyone I'm here ok?" The AI accepts as your fingers trace the spine of old and new books in the Stark Library you don't notice the figure sitting in the corner. Humming quietly you pick out a book and sit down by the fire that let out a pop or two every minute. Opening the book to the first page you read the title and smile.

"Why are you back?" Slamming the book shut you look in the corner to see Loki with his own book, eyes just on you.

"L-Loki, uhm..."

"Why..." you could hear the heartbreak in his voice. "You left and now you're back,"

"I... I didn't mean to come back, I was just trying to... destroy my machine," he hums and looks down at his book. "Loki... I'm sorry,"

"Sorry? You had every right to leave," you shake your head and face the god from the couch.

"Not the way I did, not the way we left things off..." he brings the book higher to cover his eyes. "You have every right to be mad at me, to feel how you feel and I'm so sorry for doing that to you," biting on your cheeks you take in a deep breath.

"I don't need your sympathy," he stands up and goes for the door, you following close. Quickly spinning him around you look him in his tear stricken eyes.

"Loki, don't be like this,"

"Like what, Y/n? Like what?! Heart broken? In denial that you left? I spent nights crying tears I kept in for so long! I don't need your apology... let alone one that's out of pity," at this point your eyes were watery.

"Pity? Loki, you don't think I cried too? I spent every night clinging to my pillow wishing it was you!" You clench your fists. "I looked away at anything that reminded me of you in the slightest! I wanted to break my machine to cope with leaving you!"

"If it hurt so much why did you leave?!"

"Because I was scared!" He looks shocked. "I was scared because of how much I was falling for you..." at this point tears had spilled and both of you were breathing heavy. "All these feelings scared the shit out of me, it still does! You want to know why? Because I've watched every good relationship break in seconds no matter what!" Before you knew it Loki had put his lips on yours, you stood shocked before melting into the kiss. The faint taste of salty tears and the longing on both sides made you both bring each other closer. You put your arms around his neck as he holds your waist... after a moment you both pull away and look into each others puffy eyes. "I'm so sorry," you quickly take him into a hug.

"It's alright, I'm sorry too, I had no idea," looking up at the trickster you wipe away a tear that slowly rolled down his cheek. He brings you for another hug as he mumbles into your hair. "Are we on good terms now?"

"Yes, yes we are," he smiles. "But I have a question... what are we?"

"I'm not sure..." smiling shyly at each other for a while Friday interrupts.

"Miss L/n, the team would like to know where you are, shall I let the know you are here?" An idea pops into your head.

"One sec, Friday," you lean into Loki's ear and whisper a plan. "Ok tell them I'm in the library in a panicked tone,"

~~~

As the team hurriedly rush to the library with weapons in hand they burst open the door to see Loki over your body.

"Brother?" Loki stands up slowly and wipes his bloody dagger on his armour. "What have you done?!"

"What should have been done," Loki let's out a dark chuckle as everyone rushes to your stabbed and bloodied body. Loki grins as he backs away. The team quickly stands up and raises their weapons at him. His blood covered face and clothes made everyone in full alert as Wanda cradled your head.

"You're a monster!" Wanda screams, Tony loads up his blasters as Bruce starts to turn green around the edges.

"You're dead meat, Loki," Bucky growls. Suddenly the Hulk overtakes Bruce and walks over to Loki with an angered face.

"Woah! Ok stop there! Y/n!" You peak open your eyes and rush in front of the Hulk.

"Hey! Stop stop it was a joke!" Everyone stops dead in their track and looks at you two with confused faces. "Glad to know you guys care about me," wiping off the sweet red syrup from your clothes you look up at the green monster. "Hey there, big guy,"

"New person?" Hulk asks confused.

"My names Y/n,"

"Y/n Hulks friend?" You give a wide grin as you place a dollop of syrup on his nose. He lets out a big laugh and wipes the syrup off his nose. "Friend!" Hulk picks you up and hugs you tight.

"Ok big guy, I need to breath," you wheeze.

"Put her down you dull creature!" Loki says worriedly. Hulk does as asked and growls at Loki who quickly backs away.

"Calm down, Hulk, it's ok," you pat the big guys chest. "How about we calm down? Sit down," Hulk huffs and sits down with you. You take his hand and start to draw circles on it. As you traced each of his fingers you carefully poked his nose and mumbled a lullaby making his smile and slowly turn back to Bruce. "Hey there, Doc,"

"Y/n? I thought you were dead? What happened?" He looks up at the team who were all beyond shocked.

"It was a prank, but luckily I met the big guy!"

"Hulk? You met him?" He looks down at your hands touching his. "Did you-? How?"

"I put Rosie to bed when she throws a tantrum... except this time it's the Hulk and I'm scared shitless," Bruce gives a light laugh.

"So Loki didn't murder you?" You shake your head and help Bruce up.

"Just syrup," you wipe a bit from your face and take a taste.

"You guys suck," Tony grumbles.

"At least they're good now," Clint lowers his bow and sighs. "Now my hair won't suffer," the team walks out the library with sighs of relief.

"You guys are lame!" You shout as everyone leaves. As silence fills the room you and Loki burst into laughter. "Ok that was genius!"

"Their faces were priceless!"

"You should of seen your face when the big guy came out!" Loki rolls his eyes and opens the library door for you. "I'm going to need a shower," you say, looking down at your clothes.

"I have a better idea," you hum and look up at the god. He slowly swipes a finger across your cheek and takes off the syrup.    Taking a taste he grins and pulls you closer. "How about I help take it off myself?"

"That sounds like a good idea..." you say as the elevator door opens.

"Really?" Loki asks, a little shocked. You bite your lip just as the elevator door was about to close you push him back and enter the elevator.

"Bye!" You press the avengers floor number as you leave Loki frowning on the floor. "Am I too evil?" You ask yourself as you walk out the elevator. "Nah,"

~~~

I'm just genuinely- I don't even know

- Red syrup go drip drip drip 🩸🩸🩸 ❤️