Chapter 25 - River music.

As you reached a meadow high in the mountains Thor got everyone to stop. "Here we are," looking up from your book you see a large field with a slight slope overlooking the entirety of Asgard. Flowers of all sorts of colours grew across the flat land, a small patch of trees were situated by the sides of the open area, creating a cave of sorts perfect for camp. Everyone stares in awe at the view as they dismount the horses. Thor helps everyone tie the horses up to trees near a river of fresh water.

"This a beautiful..." you agree with Wanda who was holding Pietro back with her magic.

"Come on! Let me go!" Pietro whined as his feet moved faster, with a smirk on her face Wanda lets go and Pietro runs face first down the hill and into the dirt. "Fair enough," he stands up and zooms from side to side.

"You all can explore while my brother and I set up camp," Thor shouts to everyone. Following Sherlock and John towards the river you hear a sweet sound of a violin. As John and Sherlock stayed behind to look at odd fungi you sway from side to side listening to the heavenly tunes. Situated on a rock in the middle of the river a very attractive man played a violin. Long brown hair and piercing blue eyes, he continued to play while looking up at you. In a deep trance you walk over to the edge of the water nearest him. The notes turned longer and longer as you started to look down in the water to see its depth. Deciding it was safe you go to step foot in the water only to be pulled back immediately.

"What the-?" You look up from the ground to see a panicked Sherlock pulling you back. "Sherlock?"

"Thank god... you were going to fall!" Looking at the rock where the man was, it was now empty, nothing in sight. "What were you doing?"

"I... there was a guy... playing the violin-"

"You were gone for two hours!"

"What? No- I just got here..." Sherlock helped you up and guided you towards the meadow.

"Oh there she is!" Wanda runs over to you and hugs you tight. "We thought we lost you," she whispers in your ear as you looked around confused.

"Where was she?"

"By the river, she was about to step into the rapids," Sherlock looked back at the patches of trees hiding the river.

"Y/n... what were you doing?" Tony asks concerned.

"I... there was a guy playing the violin... it was so beautiful-"

"Nøkk," Loki breathes out.

"What?" Cap asks, confused.

"Nøkk, water spirits, lure women and children into the water with their violin to drown them," Thor informs the group.

"Why did only Y/n hear it? Shouldn't I have too?" Nat raises this question to the two gods.

"Only women and children who are incredibly vulnerable or lonesome get lured..." (<—- this part about only vulnerable and lonely women get lured is my own creation, the rest is true, at least what I've read) Everyone looks to you with sad glances. You just give a straight face and nod. "I shall drop steel into the water," Thor goes to his bag for the metal and journeys to the river. You walk away from the group, them hesitantly letting you go, picking up your book you sit down a quite a while away from the group. As the sun starts to go down it got harder for you to read so you placed the book away and sat staring at the view.

"Hungry?" Sherlock tempts you with a beef stew. You gratefully take the food and slowly eat. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah... why wouldn't I be?"

"You nearly got lured by some creature into drowning," you let out a small laugh. "I may need to learn to play like that," you playfully punch his arm as he laughs.

"Thank you for saving me,"

"You're welcome," finishing your food you place down the bowl beside you and lean your head on the detectives shoulder. Once the temperature dropped everyone resides to the tents that were set up. Girls were in one large tent and the boys were in pairs per tent, as the girls fell asleep you stayed awake. Getting sick of the snoring coming from Wanda and the moving from Nat you took your blanket and exited the tent quietly. Seeing a figure laying in the meadow you recognise the long raven hair and walk towards it.

"Hey there, Horns," Loki's head looks up to face you.

"Y/n, what are you doing out here?"

"I was being strangled by Nat and Wanda is snoring too loud, I think freezing to death is a better option," he chuckles and pats the spot next to him. "Cold doesn't bother you?"

"Obviously not," you wrap yourself in the thick blanket. "Having thoughts about dating Holmes?"

"Jealous?" You tease making him scoff. "Nah... I- I couldn't really think of himself like that," you stare up at the bright stars that glimmered down on your face.

"That's good,"

"Good? Aren't you possessive," you grin from ear to ear as Loki blushes deeply. "It's cute," he lets out a breath and closes his eyes. Pulling the blanket around you tighter you let a shiver pass through.

"Cold?"

"N-no," he raises a brow. "Ok maybe," he lifts his blanket and brings you closer to him, a blush creeps up your face as he puts an arm around you.

"Better?"

"Definitely," leaning into his chest you easily fall asleep.

~~~

I'm going to summon a hell hound and name it fluffy :D (also sorry for the late chapter, I was learning to drive!)

- Anna being attacked by Growley ❤️