Chapter 7 - Research

You didn't know how long you were in the library for... you might have even missed lunch... maybe that's what John was talking about before you dismissed him. Eating was great, but once you were in work mode you didn't even think about eating. Continuously noting down information for different view points across the fandom you came to endless conclusions! However one stuck out loud and clear, and that was the use of Dark magic, meaning whatever you mustered up in your universe must have created a source of dark magic strong enough to transport not one but four people to a completely new universe.

"Hey, Friday? Search up the use of the bifrost in Thor 1?" A while ago you gave Friday access to your phones internet for your use only. You hoped it would stay that way.

"Best match to your research would be this website," pressing on the link it opens up to a page with many pictures from Thor 1, such as Loki and Thor's meeting and Thor's banishment to earth.

"You know you could have asked," gasping, you face the god of mischief who had sat himself down in a chair in the corner of the room. "I would have given you a more in depth book instead of you prattling about on those midgardian... whatever you call them,"

"Websites... and I didn't want to bother you or Thor," he sighs.

"It would have saved you precious time, and don't bother with my oaf of a brother he won't know anything," you nod in embarrassment and turn back around. "Oh gods is that me?!" You were about to close the tab when his outburst startled you. Letting out a laugh you zoom in on the picture. "It is! Appalling angle..."

"I think it looks fine," you mumble. "I can show you more?" He nods for you to continue. Searching up pictures of Loki, you bring the projection closer so you both could see. "I'm going to warn you... some can be... you'll see- actually I hope you never see," you say, referring to fan art, one by one each photo was seen until it repeated.

"Is there any more?"

"Hey Friday? Can you get up some photos of Tom Hiddleston?"

"Sure, which album in your photos would you like to open? 'My husband' or 'to spam people with'?" Making a little squeak you try and turn off the screen, but it was too late, an album full of Tom Hiddleston photos popped up in front of you both.

"Why does that man look like me?" Tapping different buttons to get off your photo album you finally succeed. Sighing in relief you slowly turn back to Loki who was confused beyond belief.

"Uhm... because that man plays your character in my universe?" You chuckle awkwardly.

"And you have albums full of photos of him?" Turning a dark shade of red he looks up at you with a smirk. "Flattering,"

"Shut up, Antlers," you grumble. He raises a brow, taking your comment as a challenge. Your breath gets caught in your throat as he stands up. "S-Sorry I didn't mean to-" closer and closer he got until you were up against a shelf of books.

"Shut up? You dare talk like that to me?" your confidence shrinks as he places an hand beside your head.

"L-Loki, I-" you avert your gaze, but his finger lifts your chin to meet his eyes. His hand takes yours. Swallowing the lump in your throat, he chuckles deeply before leaning back and walking away.

"I find it flattering, Lady Y/n, don't worry," just like that he left the room.

"What in gods name just happened?!" Looking back at the table your eye catches sight of a golden book. "What the..." looking closer foreign words re shape themselves into english.

Inner workings of the Bifrost

"Oh..." tracing your hand over the spine you seem to get lost in the array of moving gold. Pulling over the cover you see words moving from runes to English. The content page helped guide you along to where you needed to go, to say the least you spent a long while noting more reliable information, and surprisingly some of the discussion from fans weren't far off.

"Miss L/n, dinner is ready,"

"Tell them I'll be missing dinner," you scribble down more ideas on different versions of your machine.

~~~

"Y/n?" Sherlock entered the library holding a plate of food and a bottle. "Hello?"

"Hey," his eyes dart over to the corner of the room where you had moved to. "What's up? Can it wait? I'm on a roll!"

"You haven't eaten all day,"

"Correction, I had breakfast," he chuckles and places the plate and bottle of water down on the desk beside you.

"Other than that? Have you had water or anything?" You look up then back down.

"That would explain why I'm lightheaded," he quickly opens the water and hands it to you. "No thanks," you continue your writing as he insists on you drinking. "Fine!" You take a small sip of water then look up at him. He gives you a 'are you serious?' Look making you drink half the bottle. "Happy?"

"Incredibly," he puts the plate over your notes making you scowl. "Eat,"

"Make me," you push the plate away and turn the next page of the book.

"Y/n,"

"William,"

"It's Sherlock, you know?"

"And I'm busy, you know?" He shakes his head, grabbing a fork and putting a good amount of pasta on it. Lifting the fork to your mouth you subconsciously open it. He lets out a chuckle as you skim the information back and forth.

~~~

Omgggg look it's more Tom Holland!!!

- Anna ❤️