Chapter 57 - Memory lane

Walking down a familiar road you stop upon a building that said 'memories'. Opening the door you are hit with the fresh smell of your favourite flowers and the soft sounds of calming lyric-less music. Letting the door close behind you you wander down the endless aisles of labeled files. Above were two signs, one on the left saying 'London: Original' and one on the right saying 'New York: Earth-199999'. Turning to the right you walk down the barely filled shelves and pick out the earliest memory.

You feel yourself falling through a portal and landing on hard ground. Looking around you see Jake next to you, groaning. "Hey, Jake, get up... I think it worked!" He lifts his head up and smiles.

"Good job, N/n!" Getting off the ground you both look around at the view of New York. "Where to now?"

"Hydra,"

Closing the file you sigh and smile. With the file put back you take another file a few memories apart.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Jake, I'm positive, I can take it, let's get this over with," Jake gives a weary smile and nods, pushing a button you feel the hot serum fill your veins and the buzzing of the machine fills your ears.

Rolling your eyes you place back the memory and walk further down 'memory lane'. You hear a slight chatter in the background making you sigh, closing your eyes you reopen them to see the reflection of a few people behind the glass from the bathroom mirror. "Can I help you? I was in the middle of something," you sit upright and turn to the group. "Ah! The Detective, Blogger, Criminal and Fan,"

"What did he do to you?" The dark haired girl places a hand on the glass and looks guiltily at you.

"Do? If you're talking about Jake, he did what I asked him to do," standing up you walk to the glass and sit down. "Let's talk properly," hesitantly the group of people sit down.

"Y/n, what happened?"

"People seem to keep asking me that, Mr Holmes," gazing upon each person they all seem to avoid eye contact. "So what brings a whole group of people to visit me at these hours?"

"We wanted to know what happened to you," The blogger looks slightly concerned as you laugh.

"I turned into the perfect soldier, by my own will obviously, I just can't believe it's going according to plan!" Moriarty quirks a brow.

"Plan? You're locked up here," you give a wide grin and nod.

"Exactly," just as you say this the building rumbled and the group jumps up. "That would be my ride," grabbing the packed duffle bag a few Hydra soldiers march into the room and point their weapons at the Londoners. With their hands raised you wait patiently for Jake to enter and open the cell door. "Jake, darling, you finally came,"

"Sorry it took a while, N/n," the door slides open and you happily walk out. "Hope your stay was good," you give him a soft kiss on the lips and smile.

"Quite satisfactory," you both laugh as the Hydra soldiers knock the group unconscious.

~~~

"Jake?" You look to him as he sits on your bed.

"Yes?" The man looks up from his phone. You put the last of the new clothes away in your closet and stand beside him.

"Well..." he hums for you to go on. "Everyone that came to visit me said I knew them personally, before I turned into a literal human torch, (aha 4th wall is gone) they even showed me a picture," you hand a picture over to Jake who studies it then grins.

"This is a really well done photoshop,"

"I know right? I'm sure they thought if I felt close to them I'd reveal all of Hydras secrets! What a bunch of-"

"Losers,"

"Llamas,"

"Fair play," you snort and throw the picture in the bin by your desk. Jake opens up his arms which you happily accept and sit down on his lap and cuddle up against him.

"What's for dinner?"

"Food," you pout and look up at him as he chuckles. "Ramen," you grin and kiss his cheek.

~~~

"So we've lost her again?" Anna gives a sad nod as the team sighs.

"Did she say anything?"

"Other than getting caught being the plan," Tony uses his tablet to pull up the camera feed. They see the Hydra agents barge in along with Jake who released you, what they didn't expect was for you to kiss him. Thor looks to his brother who's face was stone cold but eyes spoke enough of how he felt. The video shuts off when the group gets knocked out.

"How did they even get in the tower?" Everyone turns to Stark who shrugs, just as confused as them.

"Friday, do you have any info on how they got in?"

"Sorry, no," Bruce sighs and sits back down in his chair.

"So what now?" Everyone looks to Cap who contemplated plans.

"If we don't have a lead, we do nothing, but if we get something... then we strike, as soon as possible,"

~~~

Oh god I'm sorry the chapters are so short! 😔

- 🤡🍠❤️