Chapter 32 - Hostile

"You guys are gross," a flash goes off making you wake up. "I mean go ahead and do the fondue, just not while I'm around," looking up you see yourself cuddled up against Loki, your legs tangled together. Quickly moving away you blush deeply before looking up at Anna.

"First off, no one says fondue, you sound like Cap, and secondly we didn't 'do it', mind out the gutter please," Loki's eyes peak open a little as he hears the conversation. He closes his eyes again and pulls you closer to him, making you go pink.

"Go back to cuddling and make me feel lonely or whatever, if you get Loki I get Bucky!" Anna closes the door after tossing the Polaroid picture of you and Loki on the bed. You pick up the picture and lay back down careful not to wake Loki. Putting it on the bedside table you look at the time.

8:50 AM

With your eyes wide you shake Loki awake rather aggressively. He doesn't budge instead he wraps an arm around your waist. "Loki, wake up!"

"No," he grumbles.

"Loki I swear to god I-" a bit of duct tape appears over your mouth stopping you from talking, you glare at the grinning god.

"I quite like this look," rolling your eyes you pry off the duct tape. Placing it over his mouth you grinned.

"I think it looks better on you," he pouts from behind the duct tape as you get off the bed. "Now get ready, we need to go to the lab." Fully dressed and ready you look down at your bedside table and at the Polaroid... giving a soft smile you put it in your back pocket.

~~~

"Morning," Greg greets you both with a smile.

"Sorry we're late, I forgot to put on an alarm," Greg hums and unlocks the door of the lab.

"How long will you be here for?"

"Most likely all day, then I will leave to meet Sherlock and John," Greg nods and hands you the keys.

"Are they still on that trip?" You nod and switch on the lights. "Right, ok I'll leave you to it..." he goes to leave but turns to Loki slowly. "Do I know you from somewhere? You look like that... Tom- Tom Hardy guy,"

"Ah yes, I've been said to look like him," Lestrade nods and walks out the door.

"Thank you, George!"

"It's Greg!" You shake your head and chuckle as you quickly move to your machine. "Hello," you quickly dust off the build up from the buttons. Pressing the on button everything is brought to life. "There we go!" Suddenly everything shuts down. "Nevermind..." using a screw driver you unscrew the bottom of the machine and take a look at the wiring. Loki slowly walks around the large room until his eyes land on a notebook. He flips it open to see passages dating all the way back to 2008.

Since I've been working on this idea for forever I finally found a reality I could go to! I recently saw the Iron man movie in cinemas and read up on comics that it was loosely based on... in all honesty the Marvel universe seems amazing!

He skips forward a few years all the way to 2012.

Saw the Avengers movie! Dead set on the marvel cinematic universe now! If this works I can escape everything, Anna would be so excited if she was in London... Nevermind that, I've recently worked on a formula which may be successful:

Loki looks down and sees scribbles of formulas with little doodles around the edges. Little quotes and icons representing each avenger was prominent on the pages... even a small doodle of Loki's helmet and the words 'Kneel!' were seen. Loki quietly laughs as he continues to flip through pages, reading about your excitement and hopes for success.

"What are you- is that my journal?" You quickly snatch it from his grasp. "Didn't your mother ever tell you not to go looking in other people's things?" He gives you a grin as you walk away. "Thank god nothing embarrassing is written in here,"

"So did you get it working?" You nod as you place away your journal. "What's the plan?"

"Well..." you pick up a small disk and hold it up. "Once we are back in your universe then I grab my boys and use this disk to get back here! Easy peasy, everyone back where they should be,"

"Right..." Loki gazes down with a clenched jaw. "Everyone back where they should be..." you turn around and look at the god.

"Loki? Are you ok?" You pocket the disk and walk over to him. Taking his hand gently he quickly takes it away.

"Yes, course I'm ok, why wouldn't I be?" He says coldly. You look at him shocked, where did this come from?

"Loki..." you place a hand on his upper arm before he moves away. "Ok seriously, what's wrong? Did I say something?"

"Matter of fact you did, does the sentence 'you seriously think I'd leave that world for some guy' ring a bell? No? How about 'no one can change my mind, not even Loki'?" He growls in a dark tone.

"Loki-"

"No I understand now, you were saying the truth, you were saying how you don't even care about me!" He turns around to face you. "You think I'm just some toy you can play around with... I was so blind to think that someone would actually be interested in me for who I am,"

"L-"

"No! I'm not finished!" You flinch at the sudden shout and hostility. "You led me on and played with my feelings, feelings I've bottled up for so long for this exact reason... and yet somehow I'm the villain?!" He clenches his jaw and looks you up and down. "Looks like I'm not the only monster..."

~~~

Loki be like ^ but anyways

Loki be like ^ but anyways... that was... sudden

- Anna ❤️