Chapter 35 - How have you really been?

As your feet touch the ground on the towers roof you grin at the New York skyline. Soon the grin was replaced with dread... Loki... what were you going to do when you see him? Sucking it up you march to the elevator.

"Welcome back, Miss L/n, would you like me to notify the team of your arrival?"

"No thanks, Friday, I'll surprise them," as you reached the avengers level you walked out onto the floor, hearing the welcoming screams of a terrified Tony.

"PLEASE NO NAT!" He zooms past you and stumbles over the couch as Nat throws knives at him.

"Hey Y/n," Nat says causally before stopping dead in her tracks. "Y/n?!" Tony looks up only for his jaw to drop.

"Y/N IS BACK!" Soon a collection of footsteps was heard and each avenger rushed in. You shyly wave at the group who tackles you to the ground.

"We missed you so much!" Pietro clings you your leg as Bucky holds your arm longingly. Vision just causally floated above.

"I missed you dorks too," you hug back each avenger.

"Why are you here?-"

"What is all the noise about?" A familiar British accent was heard from the hall as Loki stalked out, his eyes sunken and red,  skin paler and hair tussled. His eyes land on you and he stumbles over his words.

"Hi..." You seem to stare at each other for a long time until he swiftly turns around and walks away.

"Talk about awkward..." Bruce mutters. "Wait, back to the question, what are you doing back?"

"Why are you wearing an elven dress?" Thor asks as everyone gets off the ground.

"Funny story..." your explanation was quick and to the point making everyone understand. "Oh! And..." you take out your phone and show a picture of Rosie. The avengers all melt at the cuteness that was Rosie. "She is three and two months as of now,"

"That's adorable!" Peter says. "So, how is London?"

"Cold and chaotic,"

"Moriarty?" Cap asks.

"Mhm... double homicide last week, tea with Jim at 12 and solving the murder with Sherlock at 2,"

"Sounds about right," Tony mumbles.

"How's things here?" You ask the group who all shrug.

"About the same," you nod and take a look at the whole group.

"Uh... Clint... why is your hair neon pink?" Everyone turns to the archer and groans.

"Not again! That's like the third time this week!" You quirk a brow at Clint. "Loki keeps pranking everyone everyday and it's pissing everyone off, I've dyed my hair back to my natural colour 11 times so far..."

"Right..." you look down at the floor with a slanted frown. "Well... other than that has everyone been good?" The replies were all positive except Nat.

"Definitely not," you turn to her as Tony makes a whimpering sound. "Oh yeah you think just because Y/n is here I'm going to forget the fact that you TOOK MY HAIR STRAIGHTENER AND BROKE IT?!"

"I said I was sorry!" Tony hides behind Thor in hopes to stop Nats wrath. Thor was quick to push Tony out into the open, not wanting to get stabbed by the assassin. "Traitor," soon Tony was being chased by the red head around the floor as everyone sat and chatted amongst themselves.

~~~

"How have you been?" Looking up from your phone you see your door ajar and Wanda standing happily in the frame.

"I've been good, how about you?" She chuckles and pushed the door closed.

"How have you really been?" Letting out a sigh you shrug and shut your phone off.

"I think you can tell," she gives a slow nod. Closing your eyes and leaning your head forward Wanda carefully placed her finger to your temple. As small tears streamed down your face you heard a shaky sigh leave Wanda.

"Y/n..."

"I know... I know what you're going to say," slouching your back and leaning into your hands Wanda pulls you in for a hug.

"You need to tell him..."

"That I love him? But I have to leave him? Yeah good idea, Maximoff," she lifts your chin up looks you straight in the eyes.

"Maybe you don't have to leave him, you can do well here,"

"Wanda, my life in London is solid and won't go away. However... Love? It does... I've seen it happen to my parents, and with other people,"

"This-"

"Don't. Don't say 'this isn't like that' when it is," just as Wanda was about to counter Friday announced that dinner was ready. "Let's eat, I'm starving," plastering a bright smile on your face you take Wandas hand and walk to the dining room.

~~~

The dinner went along smoothly, no one brought anything about you and Loki up, conversation were strictly about missions or any recent news. You weren't surprised to see Loki missing. Thor had engaged in conversation with you about your short while in alfheim. You discussed the helpful giggling balls of lights that helped you get dressed and the beautiful view. After dinner ended you helped clean up just to pass time. You wondered how you were going to get out of here... was your machine still here?

"Hey, Tin can, is my machine still in the lab?"

"Uhhh..." you sigh and turn to the genius.

"What did you do?" He rubs the back of his neck before placing his dish in the sink.

"I might have broken it?..." you nod.

"Is the frame still intact?" Silence. "Tony?"

"Nope..." giving a nod you go back to cleaning the dishes. "Why is she taking this surprisingly well?" He whispers to Bruce.

"I'm not..." Tony looks up with fear in his eyes. "Sleep with both eyes open, Stark," Tony squeaks and runs out the room. "Hey, Thor, uhm... has Loki eaten?"

"His plate should appear soon..." just as said a dirty dish appears in the sink. "There we go..." Thor looks down sadly as he dries the dishes, careful not to break anything.

"H-how has he been?" You ask cautiously.

"The same as he was when he first got here... pranking everyone and staying in his room," as you give a sad nod Thor quickly turns to your with a bright smile. "Worry not, Y/n, he will come around,"

"Yeah..."

~~~

I'm going to commit 🌲 👦

I'm going to commit 🌲 👦... get it? Tree-son? Treason? Yea ok fair...

- 🥔 Anna ❤️