Chapter 17 - Beating Lady Sif

You were so surprised that the armour fit so snugly around you, it was comfortable and light, not like you expected at all. You, Wanda and Nat all had a similar look, difference being size and colour. The boys had very different armour in their fitted colours, the style was very similar to their normal Asgardian clothing. The only people not in armour were Bruce, Jim and Sherlock, John was optimistic to wear something new and cool.

"We look badass!" You exclaim once you set eyes on everyone. "Except you two, you two are lame," you point to Moriarty and Sherlock.

"What about him? He's not wearing armour he should be lame too!" You gasp and run over to Bruce and hug him.

"How dare you talk about my soft boi like that?! I'll end you," you stroke the side of Bruce's arm. "My brave little soldier, I acknowledge your pain, too precious for this world," you coo and look up to the sky.

~~~

Your eyes scan the rack of different weapons. Picking up a small tube you figure it out to be a pocket staff. Remembering when you used to train with these you pull the pin and it pops up at full length. Everyone had chosen their weapons and went on to sparring with each other so you were thankfully alone. Spinning the staff you hit a wooden dummy a few times.

"Let's spar," you spin around to see Lady Sif standing with her sword. "You have potential," you quickly close the staff.

"Oh, hey there, Lady Sif... I don't think you want to spar with me,"

"Is that a challenge?" She raises a brow.

"No! No I just-" she laughs and grabs a closed pocket staff.

"Come on, it will be fun," she gives you a warm smile, reluctantly you follow her onto the grounds. "Only staffs, ok? I doubt you have any powers,"

"Nope, just a normal ish girl,"

"Good," she releases her staff and gets into her stance. Sighing, you do the same, pushing back your foot firmly on the ground Sif was the first to strike. Easily blocking her staff you push it upwards and spin around to gently hit her on the side. "Come on, hit harder!" Grumbling you dodge a hit to your head and knock her off her feet to which she rolls back and gains balance again.

"I don't think-" she jabs your stomach making you groan. "Fine," now in full focus you jump over the staff gliding under your feet. Spinning your weapon around it creates a shield as each hit was thrown at you. A frustrated Sif had enough and jumped over to behind you. Looking back feel a hit to your back making you stumble forward. Gripping the staff tighter and pointing it to Sif you see a surge of energy leave the staff and hit Sif straight on. "Wow... I didn't know it did that,"

"Playing dirty I see," Sif charges at you, doing a quick flip to the side you land in a cliche superhero stance. The fight continued as the weapons were strewn about the field and hand to hand combat was left. By this time you had figured out a pattern in Sifs fighting. Waiting for the best time, you kick her side and her jaw making her fall to the ground with a grunt. Picking the nearest staff you bring it to her neck. A round of applause filled the space as you looked up to see literally everyone standing around and watching. "Well done, Lady Y/n, no person has ever beaten me,"

"Really?" A proud smile plasters your face. Thor walks up and claps you on the back.

"Well done, Y/n! You have incredible skills to be able to beat Lady Sif," the rest of the avengers walk up in awe. Saying things along the lines of.

That was amazing

You need to teach me to fight like that

You're awesome

I could do better

No you couldn't, Tony

"What's the time?" You ask suddenly.

"About lunch time," Thor answers.

"Perfect, I am hungry!~" you sing and walk with the rest of the group to the dining hall.

"How did you learn to fight like that?" Sherlock says when he gets to your side.

"Oh, we still won't talk about that," He nods. "You should have worn armour,"

"I think I look just as dashing," Sherlock puts his left arm behind his back and right in front in a princely manner.

"Just like Prince Charming," you pretend to swoon before you both start to laugh.

~~~

"The place is buzzing about your spar with Lady Sif," You look up from the pond to see Loki standing over you.

"Really?" He nods.

"I saw, and I'm quite impressed," it was later in the day and everyone had changed back to their normal clothes. Everyone had dispersed to either their room or the garden, just like you.

"Thanks," continuing to watch the koi fish swim in the pond Loki sits next to you.

"Want to see something unique?" You look up at the god who had picked a blue flower petal and dropped it in the water, a large koi fish swam up to it and ate it, instantly the koi turned the same shade of blue with patterns just like the petal.

"Woah... so I guessing they aren't koi fish?" Loki shakes his head with a smile.

"No, but they do look similar, these fish are incredibly rare and can only be found in the rivers up there," he points to the highest mountain almost reaching the clouds. "Luckily they are easy to take care of," looking around you see a four leaf clover.

"Lucky day! I found a four leaf clover," you pick the clover and look at it.

"I think you have it wrong, it's lucky if you find a three leaf clover," you stare weirdly at Loki. He picks a bunch of clovers which all had four leafs. "See?"

"Uh... ok that's odd, on earth you can only find three leaf clovers... it seems to be the exact opposite up here!" Loki shrugs and throws the clovers in the pond, the fish gobble it up fast, one even letting out a burp making you laugh. "Ok, did not think that was possible," the fish start to swim rapidly as their skin turn to patterns of the clovers.

"This was my favourite pass time as a child," Loki says softly as he watched the fish swim around each other. You give a side glance and smile at him.

"I thought your favourite pass time as a kid was stabbing Thor?" He wheezes and shrugs.

"That too,"

~~~

How's that for a chapter????? I genuinely need a nap even though I had more than 10 hours of sleep

How's that for a chapter????? I genuinely need a nap even though I had more than 10 hours of sleep... anyways!

I- I've written chapter 51- this is the longest book I have ever written I-

- A sleepy Anna ❤️