Chapter 47 - Snowball fight

Waking up extra early this morning for some unknown reason you pull on a sweater and stumble into the kitchen. Your eyes on the floor you start to brew some coffee/tea. When done you sit down on the couch and slowly sip at your drink as you watched the news. Turning your head to the side you go to look out to the New York skyline only to see snow covering the balcony. Spitting out your drink you place down the mug and run to the window.

"YES! Friday, wake everyone up, tell them we are going to Central Park!" A little while later everyone walked into the living room with annoyed faces.

"What the hell is going on?" Bucky croaked. You point out the window as everyone sees, their eyes light up immediately.

"Central Park time!" Everyone rushes back to their rooms like you did and got changed immediately... that was easier than expected...

"Everyone in the cars! Let's go go go!" Loki was last to come out.

"What is going on?" You give a smile.

"We are going to Central Park to walk in the snow, want to come? I get it if you don't-" a shimmer passed over him and he was in snow ready gear. In his hand he held a pair of green and gold fluffy ear muffs for you to wear. He places them on your ears and holds you hand before teleporting you both to the car. "Bad... no, teleport bad," you clutch your stomach as he chuckles.

~~~

Taking a stroll through the park you and Loki decide to sit down at a bench looking at the main field where the team was having fun in the deep snow. Your gloved hands held each other as the avengers waged war against each other... civil war much?

"Why are you wearing gloves if the cold doesn't bother you?"

"Just in case I turn to my jotun form," Loki mumbles as you rest your head on his shoulder. Giving a shake of your head you start to feel snow drop from above and lightly land on your face. Looking back at Loki you see his face start to turn a light shade of blue. He notices your sudden curiosity and conjures up a mirror. Immediately he turns away and shields his face.

"Hey... why are you turning away?" He hesitated to turn his head back making you give a tilted frown. "You don't scare me, Loki,"

"But I should, I could hurt you," he whispers. Lifting your hand to his cold cheek you turn him to face you.

"It doesn't matter what I should feel, Loki, it's how I do feel," you hair turns a lilac colour. "And you won't hurt me," He gives a light smile before looking down. Your warm lips meet his cold forehead, you playfully place kisses all over his face making him smile. "See? I'm fine,"

"Thank you," you give a a soft nod before leaning forward and placing a light kiss on his lips. He gives a small grin during the kiss and props you up on his lap. You let a out a surprised giggle, wrapping you arms around his neck. He gives you another kiss which lasted longer until a snowball hit your face. "What in the nine realms?" You both look to the group who held snowballs in their hands.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He gives a nod as you both jump over the bench and start to create snowballs. "On the count of three- hey how did you make so many?"

"I'm a frost giant," you give an 'of course' face and hold your ammo in hand.

"Three...two... one... go!" Throwing the first set of snow at the team they scream and jump for shelter behind their small snow forts. "Move move move!" Grabbing as much snow as you could Loki creates a small fort in front, near the team so you could get a better aim.

"No fair! No magic!" Tony shouted as Clint continued to make snowballs by his side. However that rule was dropped when Wanda used her magic to form more ammo and send them flying to each team member which wasn't her or Nat. "Fine! Friday, call in the iron legion,"

"Thor, hurry up with the snow balls!" Bruce told his friend as he built up their fort. The iron legion flew in and created a barrier whilst making snowballs.

"I'm trying but they keep being crushed by my strength!" Thor panics/boasts. From afar Vision was admiring a squirrel on a tree.

"Peter, make a slingshot with your webs," Pietro continues to make snowballs as Peter complies. Bucky and Cap however worked the old fashion way, well and efficiently. Soon everyone was at full war, snowballs flew each way and no one knew who threw what. As if in slow motion everyone pulled on battle faces and let out cries as they leaped over their small forts and hit others. One by one each avenger fell to the ground once a snow ball hit their face or stomach... and in one case when Tony got hit in the crotch. Eventually everyone was lying on the ground and groaning at the immense amount of pain caused by the snowballs, which wouldn't hurt if you guys weren't incredibly strong.

"No, get up, Clint," Tony slowly crawled to Clints fallen body. Checking his pulse he cries out in anguish. "No! Why isn't he dead?!"

"Hey!" Everyone chuckles as they get up from the ground, clutching bruised spots. "Woah..." Clint looks to Loki who's face was now completely blue and eyes a bloodshot red. Everyone looks to Loki which made him shift uncomfortably.

"That's..." Loki looks down in shame as you hold his hand. "That's awesome! You look even cooler in real life!" Peter smiles as Loki looks confused, the team agrees as Loki's lips form a grin. You nudge Loki while Tony gets up slowly like the old man he is.

"Ok, who's up for some hot chocolate?" A round of exasperated sighs leaves everyone. "Great!"

~~~

A cup of warm hot chocolate in hand the avengers sit down in cafe talking amongst themselves. By this point Loki had forced back his Asgardian form to take over which you were slightly sad about but he seemed to be more comfortable that way so you left it.

As people walked by and asked for the occasional photo everyone seemed to happily chat to themselves. This was the a successful day

~~~

I just- 😌

I just- 😌

- 🐙 Anna ❤️