Chapter 63 - Remembering

~a few days later~

Back in the familiar building full of files memories you turn to the left towards New York: Original. Walking to the furthest memory you see a dusty old file, picking it up you open it.

As you wiped down your knife, riding it of blood stains, you look up at your boss and smile. "Hey, Boss,"

"Hey, Y/n," he sits down in the chair in front of you and smiles.

"What can I do for you?" Putting down the cloth you take your legs off the table and face him properly.

"I have a mission," quirking a brow you slip the knife into its pouch. "Tonight, I have a reservation for two at a nice restaurant," you raise a brow. "And... I would like you to join me,"

"Are you asking me out?"

"Wasn't it obvious?" You smirk and stand up.

"I'd love to go on this 'mission' with you,"

Shutting the file quickly you grumble and throw it to the ground. Quickly you skim through the files one by one, reliving memories, you wondered whether or not they were real or lies force fed to you. Slowly pacing around the building you seem to stop at a door leading down to a basement of sorts. A giant chain wrapped itself around the handles, a lock holding it together.

"Not suspicious at all..." looking around you see a convenient bolt cutter lying by a shelf. "Well..." taking the large tool you clip off the chains and watch it fall to the ground. Pulling at the door you realise something was keeping it shut from the other side. "Obviously not that easy," stepping back a little you run up and put all your force into collapsing the door. As the wood splinters and breaks around you, you land on concrete steps. Gaining your balance back you summon a large ball of fire and let it float by your side. "Hello?- why am I saying hello? I'm in my head!" Walking around the small room you see a few crates, shrugging you open them up and peer into them. Empty. Closing your eyes you reopen them to see you were back in your cell.

"Morning," turning to the slot you see Wanda holding a tray of food.

"Morning,"

"You obviously didn't just wake up, did you?" You shake your head making her chuckle, she slides your breakfast through the slot and watches you take it. "So what have you been doing since...?"

"7 AM, and I've been looking through memories,"

"Ah, ok... you were in your mind palace, right?" You give another nod. "Anything worth sharing?"

"I found a weird basement but it was empty..." Wanda tilts her head.

"Basement?"

"Right, you don't know how it works..." facing her properly you continue. "My mind palace is just built of different familiar settings where I store things, my memories are stored in a building that was a library I went to when I was younger," she nods for you to carry on. "My memories are sectioned off as files, these files are sorted in chronological order and divided into two sections, one is from this universe and the other is from my universe,"

"That's incredible," you smile and thank her. You both talked for a little while until Friday called her back to the avengers floor. "I'll see your later," you wave her goodbye and look back to the centre of the room. Walking there you take a deep breath and centre yourself, entering your memories again.

"Let's try this again," walking into the memory library you look for a specific file. Taking out the file that dated to the moment you got your powers. Walking through the memory everything was fuzzy, not clear like the others, voices were muffled and a scream came out from your mouth suddenly.