Chapter 43 - I am...

The team waited patiently backstage as Tony addresses the audience. Loki was fiddling with his tie which was starting to annoy you.

"Calm down," you straighten out his tie as he sighs.

"I don't think I can do this..." he mumbles.

"You can, don't worry, I'll be there for you," he takes your hand and kisses it gently.

"Here we go," Nat whispers, she was first to go up. Soon everyone followed, a large crowd was seated in front as Tony continued to talk. Everyone sat down in front of a microphone, it honestly felt like a comicon panel.

"So I guess we will get to questions..." immediately hands shot up. "Yes, you in the yellow tie,"

"Hi, sir, is this the Loki Laufeyson? As in the man responsible for the attack on New York in 2012?" Loki squeezes your hand a little.

"Yes, he is, next question? Blonde in the blue skirt,"

"Yes, is this James Barnes, aka the winter soldier?"

"Yes,"

"Mr Stark, was he not responsible for the bombing in Vienna?"

"No, another party was responsible for the bombing, next question," Tony scanned the room. "Man, green glasses,"

"Who is the woman in the f/c blouse and the boy with the brown hair?" You look up at Stark who nods for you to introduce yourself.

"Hi, my name is Y/n L/n," you look down at the audience who had eager eyes.

"Miss L/n, what is your role on the team?" You look to a Tony for help.

"I just live in the tower,"

"Do you have any abilities? Any training?"

"I have two PHDs and have many many years of high level combat training," holding your breath you relax when they move onto Peter.

"My name is Peter Parker..." Peter looks to Tony. "And the truth is... I am Spider-Man," chaos erupts as people stand and shout questions at Peter who seemed to back up slightly at the sudden uproar. Soon everyone calmed down as Tony took charge, more questions were asked about the events yesterday until one question popped up.

"Mr Stark, is having the man responsible for the mass destruction of New York city on the team a good idea?" This made you look up, you turn to Loki whos jaw clenched.

"Yes, I do believe-"

"How can you be sure he won't turn against you?"

"Well-"

"He killed 80 people in two days, I may speak for many but it's hard to believe that he is good,"

"Listen-"

"Can a murderer really be changed-" quickly you grab the microphone and a loud ring fills the room.

"How dare you," you snarl. "How dare you talk about someone like that right in front of them?"

"I'm just asking a question,"

"No, you are insulting, not just Loki but the entire team for thinking that we don't have a good sense whether or not someone is good," the man tried to interrupt but you immediately shut him up. "No, just spend one day- no make that a few hours in Avengers tower to see how nice and lovely he is to everyone and how everyone reciprocates those actions,"

"He is the god of lies-"

"Don't bring up that bullshit, most of us with IQs over 80 could tell that his actions are genuine, obviously you cannot. And to state for the record," you turn to Loki who knew what you were going to say, he gives a confident nod. "He was not in control of his actions for reasons that I know are beyond your comprehension," a few reporter lean in with interest as cameras zoom in on you. You stand up and lean forward. "Instead of losing my shit I'm going to ask you to leave this conference by the time I count to five,"

"You're not serious-"

"One..." the reporter looks around for help. "Two..." you growl, quickly they pick up their things and walk through the rows and out the door before you got to 3. "Right, now does anyone else want to ask a stupid question?" You ask in a sweet tone, everyone shakes their head. "Good, carry on," you sit back down and cross your arms.

~~~

Once the conference ended and everyone left everyone went to the living room and practically dropped dead.

"Miss L/n, you are scary," Tony says when he sits down with a drink.

"Thank you, I've had my fair share of idiots at press conferences," You take off your heels and sit down on the couch. "Good job, Parker,"

"Thanks, that was really scary!" The avengers all congratulate Peter, Loki and Bucky for all becoming officially public Avengers. "If you don't mind me asking... what did you mean Loki wasn't in control?" You glance you Loki you look conflicted.

"You don't have to tell them if you don't want to," you say softly. Loki looks up at the team and nods.

"What Y/n meant by that is..." Loki went on to explain the situation, stopping and skipping over moments when he was... tortured... eventually he ended the story, gripping your hand tight.

"That's fucked..." everyone mumbles in agreement.

"But that's in the past," Loki says with a slightly bright smile. Everyone sits in comforting silence.

"Who is on dinner duty tonight?" Pietro pipes up.

"Y/n," Friday answers.

"Perfect! Don't expect anything fancy like Nats, I'm probably going to make some cornflake chicken tenders and some salad," with a happier atmosphere the avengers secretly celebrate victory as they go back to their rooms. "Wanna help out with dinner?" Loki nods and helps you up.

"Thank you,"

"What for?" You both walk into the kitchen.

"For sticking up for me," you give him a soft smile.

"You're welcome, no one should have to go through that, not even the god of mischief," you give him a kiss on the forehead before washing your hand and starting dinner. You both happily made dinner with a small fight with flour in the middle and some slow dancing at the end.

~~~

THREE CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY???I am feeling generous

THREE CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY???I am feeling generous... also I want to publish the upcoming chapters but I have to stop myself because I'm evil!!!!

I don't know how I feel about this chapter but I hope you guys are happy with it! 🥚

- Anna-egg ❤️ 🥚