Chapter 20 - Secrets

"Y/n?" Nat opened your bedroom door check to see if you were there. You weren't. Nat continued down the hall towards the dining hall. "Have any of you seen Y/n?" Everyone shook their heads.

"Who's Y/n?" Saga asked, looking up from her food. She had decided to stay longer than a night apparently.

"The h/c haired girl you saw last night," Loki answered from next to her.

"I haven't seen her since last night, I say we all look for her," Cap said, now done with his food. Everyone nods and gets up, Loki lends a hand for Saga to take.

~~~

Your music blasted as you continuously hit the wooden dummy. Luckily the guards had a rest day today so the grounds were empty. Waking up early this morning you decided to train considering your weren't exactly in the best shape like you used to be. You didn't know how long you had been there for but you were filled with adrenaline. Out of breath you place down the staff and take a few seconds before picking up a sword. Sif has chosen it to fit your height and strength. The dummies were surpringly hard to knock down even if you tried to kick it down with both legs, you checked.

"I think I found her," Thor points down to the ground where you were training. Pietro flinched as you continue to slice at the wood. Everyone, but Thor, carefully walked up to you, the song was at full volume. You start to chuckle as Class fight by Melanie Martinez comes on. Letting out grunts as you hit the neck of the dummy you pull it away and kicked it's chest.

"No, no, no, don't you choke"
Daddy chimed in, "Go for the throat"

You support yourself with the sword and use it to jump kick the dummies head. Not realising the approaching group you continued to fight the almost deformed dummy. "Y/n?" You don't hear Thor's voice making him tap your shoulder, you spin around and bring the sword up to his neck making everyone step back.

"Oh! Hey, Thor," you run over to your phone and turn down the music. "Sup guys," everyone carefully waved.

"Were you here the whole time?" You give a small nod and replace the sword with the staff.

"Need anything?" They all shake their heads. "Great, see ya," you turn up the music as everyone backed up. Loki listened to the lyric of the song, his eyes furrowing when he hears the next lyrics.

The teacher broke us up after I broke her
And my one true love called me a monster

You stop and look down at the phone before going back to the target. Everyone walks away, giving a last glance. "That's not ordinary fighting skill, she's hiding something," Sherlock says.

"No shit, Sherlock," Jim counters. Saga turns to Loki.

"She's an amazing fighter," Loki nods in agreement as everyone continues to talk.

"She won't tell us anything," Sherlock turns to Peter.

"You were able to contact your friend from earth, right?" Peter nods slowly. "Moriarty, we need you to contact your network to see what you can dig up about her,"

"I don't think that's a good idea," Wanda and John agree with Nat.

"She won't tell us, so we find out ourselves," Tony says firmly.

~~~

Everyone was gathered around Peters phone on a call with Sebastian. "The only files I don't have is when she was living in New York,"

"Tell the Vipers to find those files or I'll have their heads on my wall," Moriarty growls. Everyone backs up. "What?" The call ends and everyone stands up straight.

"So far her files are clean, nothing suspicious at all..." everyone takes time to think.

"Wait... hold on, Y/n's friend said something about a Jake being back in London... she looked worried,"

"Could be an ex-" Pietro shrugs

"Or a lead,"

~~~

"Jake Davis, leader of the Tracet Monstra's, translates to Silent Monsters, a small team in America, apparently they disappeared the same year Y/n moved to London," Seb concludes.

"Well, that doesn't seem so bad," Cap says.

"That's if you don't know what they did," John says quietly. Everyone looks up at John with a confused faces.

"Yeah, I remember working with them before... they were anonymous except Jake, he ran the operations," Jim looks back at the phone.

"I don't believe it," John shudders.

"Better believe it, my sources are never wrong,"

"What's the worst they did?" Thor asks as he lifts his head up.

"There was one incident that surfaced on the news. It was a blood bath... some people were happy that the victims were dead but others were scarred at the crime scene," Sherlock says with a monotone voice. Seb holds up a horrifying image of a dismembered body.

"Jesus Christ!" Bruce shields his eyes as Saga turns away into Loki's chest in horror.

"That was only one victim,"

"Fuck..." Clint bites down on his lips and turns away.

"Hey guys, what's up?" You suddenly walk up next to the group. Everyone jumps making way for you to look down at the pictures and paper with notes scribbled down.

Tracet Monstra ——> Y/n

Your eyes widen and look up at the group with a frightened face. "Y/n," Jim reaches for your hand in comfort but up swipe it away.

"Really? You just couldn't stop yourselves huh?"

"Y/n, I'm sorry," Tony looks up at you in the eyes. "We-"

"Sorry? If I wouldn't tell you myself doesn't that mean I don't want any of you to know about it?!" Their heads dropped. "You're all assholes," Wanda lays a hand on your shoulder but you move away. "Hope you're happy," you quickly run out of the room and down the hall. Angered tears stream down your face, your fists clenched tighter as you reached your room. Sitting in your room your eyes close as flashes of your past surfaces. "FUCK!" You punch the vanity mirror, shards of glass falling to the ground.

~~~

Look I'm just saying,,, potato

- Anna??? ❤️