Chapter 26 - Name it pancakes

As the sun rose above the horizon everyone slowly started to leave their tents. Everyone stretched their arms out and greeted each other with groggy voices.

"Anyone seen my brother? His tent is empty,"

"Y/n, is gone too," Thor and Nat meet gazes and their lips curve into smirks. Nat gestures for Thor to come with her as she picks up a jug of cold water. As the two quietly creep up to the bundle of blankets, Thor takes the jug and quickly pours it on the you and Loki.

"FUCKING BITCH!" As the cold water runs down your back you take the blanket and cover yourself up to keep warmth in. Loki's eyes snap open at the sudden water and yell, he looks up at his brother and assassin. Using his magic he takes away the water and lifts it on top of Thor, making it fall on the god. Thor lets out a girly scream and runs away as he tries to shake off the cold water.

"Good to know you wouldn't dare to pour water on me," Loki salutes and wraps the blanket tighter around you two. Nat walks away as you come out from under the blanket.

"I'm going to kill them,"

"I will help if it makes you happy," you grin and nod.

"OH JUST DATE ALREADY!"

"STARK IF ANOTHER WORD COMES OUT OF YOUR LIPS I WILL SEAL THEM SHUT WITH ELEPHANT GLUE!" You scream back, in response Tony whimpers and apologises.

~~~

"HELP ME!" Tony comes screaming out of the woods in Clints arms. As the two men reach the campsite everyone turns to them in worry.

"What's wrong?" You asks as you place down the wood you collected.

"Monster thing! Big big horns!" As you started to look confused the beast they were talking about came rampaging out of the woods.

"You angered a Bilgesnipe?!" Loki yells.

"We thought its horns was a big branch of wood!" Everyone slaps their forehead as the Bilgesnipe charges closer to the group.

"Everyone split up!" You were the first to run away from the group which was a big mistake as the Bilgesnipe picked you as a target.

"OH COME ON!" You looked around for something to throw at it, the only thing coming to mind being the bag of gummies you had in your pocket. Giving out a groan you take a gummy and throw it at the beast, it was quick to eat it, but it stop and smiles at the sweet taste. It continues to run at you, wanting more gummies. "I'm getting tired, shit," you start to slow down but stop when you trip over a root. Hitting the ground you turn around and see the Bilgesnipe stopping and bending down to sniff the bag of sweets. "Ok ok!" You hesitantly give it a gummy and it rolls on its back happily.

"Y/n!" You hold up your hand to the charging avengers, they all stop and back up when the Bilgesnipe growls.

"Want a gummy?" The beast wags it's tail and sticks out it's tongue. Placing it on the Bilgesnipes nose you tell it to not eat it until you allow. It waits patiently and chomps down on the treat when you say go. "Aww good boy!" You rub its belly making it pant in delight.

"What's going on?" John whispers to Thor.

"She... tamed a Bilgesnipe... with sweets!" The group continues to watch you play around with the animal.

"I'm naming you pancakes," the beast tilts it's head with a smile. "You like that name? Huh? Good, pancakes!" The group places down their weapons. You pick up a small branch and throw it into the woods. Pancakes was quick to run after it, returning soon with an entire fallen tree. "Ok that's fair," your nod of approval makes the beast happily patter over with a proud smile. "Ok, I will give you all the gummies if you leave us alone ok?" Pancakes nods as you pour all the gummies into its mouth. He gives you a lick on the face and scampers away. You stand shocked at the sheer amount of saliva you were covered in currently. "Gross..." you turn around to look at the shocked group

"How-?" Thor asks, shocked.

"I don't even know but I need to get this stuff off ok?" Loki gets a green shimmer to cover you and take away the slime, a jar of it appears in his hands. "You're keeping it?"

"It's very useful in medicine," the jar disappears from his hands as you all walk back to the camp.

"At least I got to name it pancakes," you say as you look back to the patch of trees.

~~~

As the horses hooves trotted down the rocky path everyone was oddly quiet, nothing uncomfortable, just oddly silent. As you 'read' your book you started to hum a tune. Curious, Wanda brings her hand up to see what was going on in your head.

"Y/n!" You look up in shock like everyone else.

"What?"

"You're not even reading the damn book! You're thinking about-" she makes a gagging sound making you snicker.

"You just don't learn your lesson, if you wanted to know what song I was humming just ask," you roll your eyes and get back to your book.

"But I want to listen!" She whines. Everyone gets back to their own admiring of the the scenery.

"Fine... guess I'm Spotify for the rest of the trip," you grumble. Starting to hum the beginning to Into the Unknown Wanda grins, knowing exactly what you were singing. "I can hear you... but I won't," you sing quietly

"Some look for trouble, while others don't," Wanda sings a little louder making you grin.

"There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day," Nat joins in with a smirk.

"And ignore your whispers-"

"Which I wish would go away!" Wanda and Natasha sing in unison startling the rest of the group.

"Are they singing Disney songs?" Pietro looks up at Clint who was mumbling the lyrics. "You know the lyrics?!"

"I have a daughter, shut up," Clint growls. The rest of the ride was filled with Disney songs, some of the guys who knew lyrics joined in... even Thor! Throughout this though, Loki kept an adoring glance on you.

~~~

I've been listening to Disney songs all day- I-

- Not the Disney princess Anna ❤️