Chapter 42 - Dumpster dive

Sipping at your coffee/tea you look out at the view of New York, a few birds fly by as the sound of cars honked down in the busy streets. It was surprisingly calming to you. Taking another sip of your drink you see a sudden explosion in the distance.

"Well, that's new," getting off the bench you walk into the living room. "Hey guys, something just went off in Queens!" The group was quick to rush into the living room as Friday announced what you had just said.

"Friday, who will be needed?"

"The entire team sir, if possible bring Miss L/n and Mr Friggason," everyone turns to you who was quietly sipping at the hot drink, not paying attention.

"What?" You look up at the team.

"Guess you're coming with us,"

"I'm sorry what? Where? To fight? What am I meant to wear?"

"Not sure, Loki, fix something up for her, everyone suit up we leave in 2 minutes," Loki looked slightly worried as everyone went to their rooms quickly.

"Can you 'fix something up' for me?" He nods and quickly changes you into a suit just like Nats with his magic. "Not bad," he nods and looks at cloud of debris in the distance. "You alright?"

"Are we sure I should really be in the eye of the public?" He says worriedly.

"Loki-"

"What if they still fear me-"

"Loki-"

"They must hate me-"

"Loki!" He stops his ramble and looks down at you. "You need to quit worrying, they'll see you helping and see that you're good now,"

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," you kiss his cheek and give him a reassuring smile. "Now let's kick ass!"

~~~

When arriving at the scene it was madness, people were running and screaming, trying to get away from the danger. You all approached the police closing off and evacuating the area, they turn and sigh in relief at the sight of the avengers though their weapons raise at Loki's presence.

"Don't worry, he's with us," Tony says through his suit. The police lower their weapons as you slip your hand in Loki's.

"What's the problem?" Cap comes forward to the police captain.

"Thought it was just another big bank robbery, but they seem to be using some type of weapon more up your alley," he says as he points to the damage. "I've never see anything like it," another blast goes off, a blinding purple light fires through the air.

"What the hell?" Peters suit eyes widen. "I've seen that before,"

"Chitauri energy core," you mumble.

"I thought we got rid of those?" Nat asks Tony who sighs.

"Apparently not. Capsicle, what's the plan?" Cap glances around the scene and nods.

"Stark, Wanda, Thor, Vision, Loki, Peter, I want you guys front and centre, get those weapons out of their hands, Clint, I want you to disarm them from afar, don't let them see you. Nat, Y/n, Pietro, Buck, and I will evacuate all bystanders and keep the battle in this street only, got it?" Everyone turns to Bruce. "Don't hulk out unless we need you," Everyone nods and goes to do their job.