Chapter 10 - Peter Parker

You quietly walked to the table just in time for dinner, everyone looked up then away. Stuffing your hands in your hoodies pocket you sit in your normal seat. "Hey, if you need to talk-"

"Like I said, I don't want to talk about it," John nods and gets back to his food. Everyone commenced with normal discussion as you stayed quiet. Poking at your dinner you slowly but surely finish it up and placed away the plate before everyone else was done. Leaving to your room you shut the door and lean against it. "They just had to find out..." waiting until you heard everyone get back to their rooms you placed on some leggings and a tank top and slipped out into the elevator. Each floor passes until you reach the gym. Getting out you look around before going in and finding the punching bag. "Friday? is this room sound proof?"

"Yes, Miss L/n," giving a quick nod you ask her to open the blinds to let in moonlight instead of turning on lights. Wrapping your fists you ready your stance and take out your anger in the bag. Hit by hit you go deeper in thought. Now they'll hate you, they think you're disgusting! Even when your knuckles were white  and bruised, even when you started to get tired, you kept going. The same words repeating in your head.

Again

Another punch.

Again

And another.

Again

And one more was all it took to force the bag away from you and to the ground. Your heavy breathing was continuous, you didn't even notice the tears streaming down your face. "Fuck..." looking down your hands twitched when you relaxed them, red and bruised. "Friday? What's the time?"

"1:43 AM," sighing you walk over to the fallen bag and kick at it.

"I think it's really dead," you circle around to face the source of sound. "I come in peace," Moriarty holds up his hands.

"You always seem to find me at night..." taking off the bandages you look up and see him walk closer.

"Well, that's what happens when you're a night owl," he looks down at the bag and smirks. "Not bad..."

"Don't..." he raises a brow. "I know you're going to ask where I learned this stuff... just don't,"

"I won't ask, I'm like that with my family, you know that, hopefully our respect for privacy is mutual," you nod and grab cold water from the illuminating glass fridge in the corner. "But... I need you to know, if you do need to talk about it, you can come to me," you scoff.

"Mhm, let me go to the consulting criminal for therapy!-" he gives you a serious look. "Yeah, I know, thanks... I've just spent so long trying to get away from it but it just keeps popping back up,"

"Well, maybe you should stop running from it," you shake your head.

"No, if I stop running everything will come crashing down," your eyes glance to your knuckles. "I can't let that happen..." you see Jim's shadow come closer, his finger lifts your chin.

"No one will let that happen- I won't let that happen," your eyes meet his, a glint if moonlight shines on his dark brown eyes.

"Thank you,"

"You're very welcome,"

~~~

"Hey, Tony? Mind if I go for a run?" Tony looks up from his tablet and nods.

"Yeah, go ahead, want someone to come with you? In case you get lost,"

"Don't worry, I lived in New York for a while, I'll be fine," he nods again and let's you go. Putting in your earphones you start to jog towards Central Park. The day had only begun, sun was up and breeze was cooling. If you had taken out your earphones you surely would have heard birds chirping. Your body started to tire and you slowly went into a walk, looking at your surroundings you cast eyes on a scene. A man was robbing an old lady, no one in range able to help, growing you pick up your pace and run over to stop it. "Hey, doofus," the man turns around quickly.