Chapter 6 - Cats and books

Stuffing your face with the pancakes Natasha made that morning, the whole group, avengers and Loki were sat down and enjoying the morning meal. Suddenly your phone rings and you see it's from Molly. "Hey, Molly, what can I-"

HE IS ATTACKING ME!

"What? Who? Molly?!"

The cat! It's scratching me! I just put some food outside and it attacked me!

"Oh god..." you fumble with your phone as everyone looks at you concerned. "Ok I got it! Turn on the camera, let me see him," she does as told and you see her cowering behind the potted plant.

What do you want me to do?!

She whispers through the phone. "Just let me talk to him," giving you a doubtful look she places the phone in front of the hissing cat. "Hey! Hey there, honey," you coo at the cat, who's ears twitched in confusion at the phone. "Hi, yeah it's me, how have you been?" The cat meows at the phone, it's green eyes widening in delight. "Have you been mean?" The cat hisses and you giggle. "Gods shouldn't be mean, isn't that right my little kitty god?"

Oh good he's calming down...

"Molly, get the cat treats from my cupboard and give him two," you see the shadow of your friend slide into your flat to retrieve the treats. "Have you been good? Are you still causing chaos?" The cat pokes it's paws at the screen as you stand up to put your empty plate away. Hearing the door slide open, you see two treats being tossed at him. "Molly! Be nice,"

I'm sorry, I'll be nice to the cat that nearly scratched my eyes out!... they usually love me! I can see why you named him Loki-

Your plate fumbles in the sink as you quickly shush her. "Shhhh- thank you, Molly! I'll call you later bye!" Quickly shutting off the phone before she could say another word you let out a breath. Turning around you see a few stares quickly averting gaze and getting back to their conversation. Tony walks up to you with his his plate and smirks.

"What's the cats name?" You scowl and throw a tea towel at Stark who snickers. Quickly leaving the scene you indulge in your phone back in the comfort of your room. Scrolling through your Instagram feed, sitting at your desk, you stumble across the most recent edit from your favourite account, @laufxy (if you haven't seen her edits yet I urge you to because they are GOLDEN I LOVE THEM!!) squealing with joy you turn up your volume and watch the smooth transitions of Loki clips. Getting lost on her account and rewatching edits time passes by quickly, your back starts to ache from the slouching.

"How long has it been?" You ask yourself as you stretch your back.

"30 minutes," jumping off your chair with your phone dropping on your desk you find Clint peering over your shoulder.

"Son of a bitch-"

"Language!" Cap shouts from the hall.

"Clint what the Sif are you doing here?!" He shrugs and sits on your desk. "How long were you there for?"

"I'm not sure, 5 minutes maybe?" Groaning you shut off your phone and lean back. "Don't worry I won't say anything,"

"You better not..." looking around the room you face him again. "Hey, during breakfast how much of the conversation on the phone did you hear?"

"Not much... just when you were talking like a baby to the cat and when your friend revealed you named the cat after black and green down the hall," slumping your face into your hands you grumble swears. "Don't worry, I think he's actually flattered?"

"You saying it as a question isn't very promising, vent boy," he lets out a scoff at the nickname. "It's fine, I'll just bury myself alive before dinner,"

"Mhm, well, you do that," he salutes before walking out your room.

~~~

You were currently walking down the halls towards the lab where Tony was, everyone was busy and you weren't afraid to talk to him. "Tin man!"

"What's up?" He rolls out from under his latest project and sits upright.

"Do you happen to have a library?"

"Yeah, floor above, why?"

"Research, didn't want to bother pop tarts or liquorice," Stark holds in a laugh before nodding. "Thanks, Tony!"

"No problem!" He rolls back under his project once you leave.

~~~

"Norse... Norse... Norse- aha! Gotcha-" you take out the large book but fall to the floor under its heavy weight. "Why is this damn book so heavy?!" Dragging it over to one of the large oak desks you flip over its dusty cover and scan the contents. "Now... bifrost.. frostbi... frosty bi... frosty the snowman is bi..." you start to mumble as your finger traces down each word. Nothing but the light sound of your fingers tracing the pages filled the room.

A long while passed and nothing came up about different universes or how the bifrost worked. Only how it looked and where it traveled but nothing more. "Why isn't there anything?!" You groan, slamming your head into the book for the fifth time.

"Miss L/n? May I assist you with anything?" Fridays voice speaks loud and clear through the speakers.

"Actually yes! Can you find anything on the function of the Bifrost?"

"Yes, Miss," looking down at your phone an idea pops into your head. Maybe the MCU fans will know something? Unlocking your phone and going into your search engine you type in 'bifrost how does it work?' Immediately pages upon pages of discussion appear. "Sorry, I have found no articles on the function of the bifrost, would you like me to project your phone?" You hesitate but agree nonetheless.

"Thanks, Friday," a holographic screen pops up and you start to swipe by each comment.

~~~

All I want to do is die happy

All I want to do is die happy... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?! ;p

- Anna ❤️