Chapter 64 - Scorch

Pacing the room impatiently you hear a few gunshots against the main doors lock. Looking hopefully at the door Hydra agents burst through with a worried Jake at the centre.

"Jake!" Using a device the cell door opens up and you run into your fiancés arms. "I'm so sorry,"

"It's ok, I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner," he mumbles into your shoulder, looking up your see Wanda putting the Hydra soldiers to sleep and moving them out of the room quietly. "Did they do anything to you?" You shake your head.

"No, I'm fine, I just missed you so much!" You let a crocodile tear roll down your cheek making Jake wipe it away with a soft smile.

"Let's get out of here," he takes your hand and turns around only to see the agents missing. "What the-?" You quickly knock Jake out with your elbow and sigh.

"He's out," Thor enters the room and carries the unconscious man out.

~~~

Slowly but surely the dark blonde man woke up from his sleep and looked around, seeing his hands restrained behind his back in an interrogation room. "What the hell?" He mumbles. You watched through the CCTV as he struggled with the cuffs.

"Give me a while with him," Stark hesitantly nods, you leave the large room full of the heroes all watching the cameras. Taking a deep breath you open up the door.

"Y/n! What's going on?!" You smile and sit down in the chair in front of him.

"I'll be asking the questions," he furrows his brows. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you brainwash me?" He looks shocked for a second. "I know all about it, I got most of my memories back, I know how much of a sick bastard you are deep down inside," he sighs and shrugs.

"Can't blame me for wanting to live my fantasy-"

"Your fantasy was torturing me and filling my head with lies?!" He tilts his smile and nods. "You're sick,"

"So are you," you shake your head and scoff.

"I'm not sick,"

"Oh but you are," Jake grins from ear to ear as he looks up at you. "I didn't just erase good memories of your friends, I erased the horrible things you did... the really bad stuff,"

"The most I did was take down terrorist groups and threats!" He scoffs with an eye roll.

"Let me help you jog your memory... the Washington fires?"

"Get out of here! Call the police!" A man yells at civilians exiting the burning building, using a knife you slice the mans throat and push him to the side.

"Quiet down, dear," adjusting your mask and taking out your gun you fire shots at the targets taking them down, not killing them, only injuring. As they struggle to get up you stalk over and lean down to one. "Want to tell me the file number?" The man shakes his head. "Guess you won't need a tongue," keeping his mouth open you cut through his tongue as he screams in pain. "Right," you toss the tongue away and smile. "Who's next?"

Backing away from the table you stare at Jake who smiles knowing what you saw. "No? How about the 2003 alley incident?"

"Help!" Jumping from a fire exit you kick the woman to the ground. Putting down your hood you lean on the woman.

"You were a tricky one, young lady," as you turned her over you take the knife that you used on her friends and slowly drag it lightly across her face. "Don't worry, soon..." you look back at the building and hear the last scream end thanks to your team. "Soon you will join your friends in hell,"

"Stop," you growl at Jake who smiles.

"How about the grave bombing?"

Slowly pushing down your sunglasses you look at the funeral and pout. "This is going to waste all those flowers... oh well," pressing the button an explosion goes off, blood splatters around graves and all over the place. "Oh... that's going to be a pain to clean," you look down at the scene and shrug, walking back to the car you report back to your boss.

"STOP IT!"

"Maybe the-" kicking back your chair you grab Jake by the neck. The team worries and goes to stop you, using your powers you slowly fuse together the locks making it impossible to open. "Go ahead... kill me," he chokes out.

"Oh I will... but not until I watch you suffer," igniting your other hand you send a blast at the camera, cutting off the footage.

"Someone get in there now!" Anna holds back Stark and looks at the static tv screen.

"Let her do this," Stark looks worriedly as Anna sits down on the chair and watches footage of the outside of the interrogation room. You give a grin and use a scolding hot finger and drag it across his cheek to his lip and up the other way.

"Keep that smile on your face, baby," using the arm you held him with, you slowly created a severe heat to flow through, burning his throat slowly.

"You- see? Y-you're s-sick," he chokes out after letting out painful screams.

"Seeing you suffer is worth being called that," tightening your grip you see the skin burn and blister around his neck. "Any last words?"

"Fuck... you," he lets out another yell before you send a shot of fire in through his head with your other hand. Stepping back and seeing the mess it's takes you a second to process it all. You fall to the floor and break down, not from guilt but from realisation... you were a monster.

"Y/n?!" You hear Loki shout from the other side of the door. "Let me in!"

"No!" You look down at the scorched body with trembling lips. "Stop! You don't want to see this!"

"Y/n, let me in, please!" Shaking your head you let out a shaky breath.

"No, I'm a monster, this is horrid..."

"Y/n... You're not a monster, you're no where near that, you did what you needed to do to that bastard, I won't judge you- none of us will! Just let me in, let's sort this out..." a small moment passes. "At least before the smell becomes putrid?" Looking down at your hands you give a small saddened smile before melting away the locks.

~~~

^ this is what I imagine you guys looking like when you read this chapter I- sorry

- 🍠🤡❤️