Chapter 29 - London

A week had gone by and you were now working on the final parts of the machine, careful not to rush anything. You had taken apart pieces from the first failed test and put it back together with new parts. You realised your first mistake was a line of coding in the middle of the sequence. Bruce has helped you sort all your information out to see if anything had to be tweaked considering this world wasn't exactly like yours.

"I'm going to grab something to eat, I'll check in again later," you give Bruce a thumbs up as he leaves the lab. Flipping on the first few switches you input the correct codes and stand back as the machine jitters.

"Shit..." you quickly take out the fire extinguisher and get it ready. The jittering stops and you're left with a working portal. "I see this as an absolute win!" As you near the portal Loki walks by and lays eyes on you. He gives a low scowl before realising the machine was working.

"What do you think you're doing?" Loki's sudden appearance startled you.

"Hey..." you shyly look away to the portal and back at him. "I just... kinda got it working! I just need to test it out, I'll jump through grab the disc that I forgot last time and boom! We will be on our way,"

"Mhm..."

"What?"

"Nothing..." he turns to leave but you quickly grab his arm.

"Loki, what's wrong?" He looks down at your arm with a glare making you let go immediately.

"Nothing is wrong," his voice was dark making you step back.

"A-alright..." you turn around and go back to the machine, taking a deep breath you hold it in as you gently poke at the portal. "Déjà vu," you mumble, suddenly just like the first time in London a gush if wind pulls you into the portal. "MOTHER F-"

"Y/n?!" Loki runs over and grabs a hold of your hand. He pulls back only for his feet to slip and you both to fall through the frame. Bruce walks into the lab with a coffee and sandwich just in time to see the machine shut down.

"Really?! Friday, call everyone down here," As Bruce walks over to the computer he checks the systems.

~~~

Falling through the familiar rainbow tunnel of flashing lights, you see a nearing end of the light. Falling face first into the ground in a not so graceful motion you feel a body slam into yours. "Jesus-" you look behind you to see Loki groaning on the ground. "Loki? What the hell?" Slowly getting up off the ground you see yourself in night time London.

"Where are we?" You grin happily and turn to Loki.

"London,"

~~~

As Friday played the clips taken by the cameras in the lab everyone watches closely as you take Loki's hand only for him to sneer at you. You walk away and poke at the portal only for it to suck you in, along with Loki, who had tried to save you.

"So... they're just... gone?"

"I think so..." everyone nods before looking at Banner.

"Can you do anything?" Bruce adjusts his glasses before picking up your notebook.

"I'm not sure, I can try my best,"

~~~

Walking down a street filled with large mansions you see a familiar grand one at the end. Quickening your pace you knock on the door and wait for your friend to answer. The door slowly opens to reveal Sebastian Moran in sweatpants and a shirt. "Y/n?" You give a sly nod and open your arms. The blonde man takes you into his arms and spins you around. "I missed you,"

"I missed you too, Tiger,"

"Where's Jim? Who-... is that... Loki?" Seb sets you down and stares at the brooding god.

"Yeah... I got the machine working but I got sent here with him instead of your boss and the other two," Seb nods and invites you both in.

"What do you need?"

"I need that banana bread you made and a ride to my flat," Seb rolls his eyes and walks into the large kitchen and fetches a slice of banana bread for you. "Thank you!" He grabs the keys to the car and his jacket before opening the door. The drive was quick and soon you were saying goodbye to the sniper and walking up the stairs to your flat. The sound of a movie played from your flat loud enough to hear from the outside. Opening the door quietly you see Molly and Anna sitting in the living room watching Avengers.

Kneel before me... I said...

"Kneel!" You shout making both girls scream in terror. You burst into laughter as they get up off the ground and look at you with glares. Their glares turn into surprise as they tackle you to the ground with hugs. "I missed you too,"

"You're back! I can't believe it!" Anna's eyes trail up to see the real Loki looking down at you all. "Uhm... right, that's- uhm..." Molly also looks up and let's out a squeak.

"Yeah, I kinda brought him instead of the others..." Molly nods, a ringing of a small bell fills the room as a black cat entered the living room. "Is that-?"

"Yup! We got a bell for him and everything!" The cat meows and pounces on you.

"Hey baby, I missed you so much my little god!" The cat purrs as you scratch behind it's ear. Placing the cat back down, it goes to the human Loki and sniffs at his boots. Lokitty rubs up agains real Loki with a purr and prods at his armour.

"How did you get back?" Molly asks as she helps you up.

"I think I put in the right codes this time... we landed near Moriarty's house, thank god Seb was awake, he drove us here,"

"Ok, so what's the plan?"

"We go to my lab tomorrow," Molly cringes and shakes her head. "What?"

"Your lab is shut down, Anderson and Donovan got Lestrade to lock it up," you groan and slap your forehead.

"For gods sake!"

"Hey, it's ok, we can go to Scotland Yard, Lestrade is sure to let you in," giving Molly a nod she looks at the time. "I should be heading home, I'll see you later," as Molly collects her things and leaves the remaining three of you awkwardly look at each other.

"So... how good was the lemon tarts on Asgard?" Anna teases. You blush crimson and smack her head before walking off to your room. "I'm kidding! Don't kill me in my sleep!" Anna grins up at Loki. "You taking the couch or...?"

~~~

The only way I wish to die is in the hands of the muffin man

- Muffin loving Anna ❤️