Chapter 60 - Gifts

Holding a box of things you walk into the room where the Avengers and co were held. They were all minding their own business when you set the box down. Unmuting the cells they jump when you greeted them.

"Morning," you say happily. They all mumble a 'hello' as they peered into the box. "I thought maybe you all were getting bored in here, I read up on your files to see why you all liked," walking to the first cell you put a violin set through the slot. "Hope it meets your standards, Mr Holmes,"

"Thank you..." he quickly tunes the violin as you move on, giving a iPod full of music to Moriarty, a journal to John and a sketchbook with pencils to Anna you go onto the Avengers. You hand a pile of mathematical exercise books to Stark, a knitting kit to Banner, ballet shoes to Romanoff, hacky sacks to Barton, a sketch book to Rogers, Thor got a bouncy ball and hoop, you gave a magic kit to Pietro and an embroidery kit to Wanda, Vision got a painting set, Bucky got a bunch of things to journal with and finally Loki got a bunch of books you got from the bases library.

"I hope you all are happy with what you got," you go to leave just as Sherlock played the violin. A familiar tune filled your ears.

"Isn't this the fourth day he's been composing?" John gives a nod as you lean against the door frame. "Sherlock," the detective continued to play the composition, ignoring your voice. "William," he strikes the wrong note.

"It's sherlock,"

"And it's been four days," he sighs and writes down more notes. "Jesus Christ, stop sulking! You're being dramatic,"

"Am not," he grumbles.

"You lost a game of operation to Mycroft, grow up,"

Looking towards Sherlock who continued to play the piece he seems to catch the look in your eyes. Biting down on your lip you quickly exit the room and remute the cells. Letting out a sigh you discarded the box and walked to the bedroom, flopping down on the bed you let out a groan and think about the memory. "Did they appreciate the gifts?"

"Yeah," turning onto your back you look at the door to see Jake eating a cupcake. "Where did you get that?"

"Nowhere," giving a challenging look you lunge at Jake who runs off, eating the last bit of the cupcake.

"No fair!" He gives a laugh and helps you up.

"Life isn't fair, darling," taking your hand he leads you to the kitchen. "Time to make dinner," giving a smile you both work side by side preparing dinner, turning around the get another egg Jake puts a bit of flour at the tip of your nose.

"Hey!" You pout and clap your floured hands in his face. "Dork," reaching behind you he tosses flour on your clothes making you laugh. You continued this playful fight, ending up hiding behind the island table as you circled to get to one another. Eventually he gave up and turned up the slow music playing. Snaking an arm around your waist you giggle as Jake intertwines his hand in yours, slowly swaying with the music you lean your head on his chest.

"You're beautiful," you look up into Loki's emerald eyes and smile softly.

"You're a romantic," continuing to sway together, clothes dusted with flour and hands connected you lean against each others foreheads. "Should we continue making dinner or keep dancing?" He shrugs.

"I think dancing is a better option," you smile but blush when your stomach rumbles. "Or, maybe dinner seems more reasonable," you grin and kiss him quickly before dusting flour in his hair.

"Hey!" You laugh and quickly take cover.

Your eyes snap open and Jake seems to feel you tense up. "Y/n? What's wrong?"