Chapter 30 - Lestrade

Letting out a big yawn you climb out of bed and stumble to the kitchen.

"Morning!" Your best friend shouts when she sees you enter.

"One more word out of you is all it will take for me to-"

"Ok! I'm sorry, jeez, still not a morning person huh?" She pours you a cup of coffee (or tea if you don't like coffee) and places some toast in front of you.

"Where's reindeer games?"

"Bathroom, he should be out soon," you give a nod and down your drink waiting for the caffeine to hit. "The fact that doesn't burn you... it scares me,"

"I'm just getting ready to spend eternity in the second circle of hell," you give a wink as Anna rolls her eyes.

"Ah yes, the second circle, lust," Anna gives jazz hands as you take a bite of toast. "How was it?" You choke on your food and pound at your chest.

"We are not talking about it,"

"Oh but we should," Anna pours more coffee into your mug. "How far did you go?"

"Jesus Christ, I am not talking to you about my... encounters," grabbing your coffee and toast you walk out to the balcony and sit there as Anna laughs. As you look out to the view you cross your legs up on the chair to avoid touching the cold ground. Loki exited the bathroom dressed in his armour and walked to the kitchen.

"Hey there, Lokster, figure out the bathroom?" He gives a nod and straightens out the fabric parts of his armour. "You can't wear that out," you get back into the living room once it got too cold and agreed with Anna.

"Got any magic left?"

"I may have enough to conjure up some midgardian clothing..." a shimmer of green takes over Loki and his armour is replaced with black pants and a dark green long sleeved shirt. Anna grabs your arm and pulls you away.

"If what you have isnt serious just give me five minutes with him-"

"For gods sake, Anna," Anna lets out a snicker and hands Loki a hair band. Loki causally puts his hair up in a bun. "Now that he is sorted I'm going to get ready," you take some casual clothing from your room and enter the bathroom.

~~~

Wearing ripped jeans and a black sweater with some boots you and Loki exit the building and enter your car. The car hums you life and you were on your way to Scotland Yard. The ride was quiet and a little uncomfortable, but thankfully it was short. Quickly parking the car you exit and lock it, walking to the entrance you see familiar faces. Greeting the other officers and detectives you quickly enter the elevator and get on the right floor. With Loki following close behind you see the one person you were looking for and two others you weren't.

"The Queen has returned!" You strike a pose as you enter Greg's office.

"Y/n?" You grin up at the shocked detective inspector.

"Hello, Gavin,"

"It's Greg,"

"I know," you quickly embrace Lestrade. "I need a to get in my lab, someone apparently locked it..." Looking back you see Donovan and Anderson staring. "Anderson, Donovan,"

"Hello, Y/n, this your boyfriend?" Anderson nods to Loki who was standing by the door.

"Aww, Anderson, baby, are you jealous? You know I'd never leave you!" He gives a grin before you pretend to gag. "That is the biggest lie I have ever told... I would take any chance to get away from you,"

"Listen here, L/n, what are you doing back in London? You and your freak show back in town yet?" You turn to Donovan with a smile.

"I'm back in London because I live here, what are you doing scrubbing Anderson's floors? Anderson's wife not back in town yet?" Greg holds back a laugh as Loki grins. "But back to my point, before dumb and dumber interrupted,"

"Yeah, I can get you in your lab, but it has to be in a few days, we got a few cases,"

"Easy, I'll solve them,"

"You're gonna let this freak get her hands on the cases?" Donovan scoffs as Loki clenches his fists.

"I'll solve it faster than you ever could," taking the files that were on Greg's desk he leads you into the evidence room.

~~~

As you scanned each piece of evidence and picture of the crime scene everyone gave inputs, the only useful being from Greg. Loki sat back and watched quietly. When the first case was solved Donovan was sent out to arrest the culprit. The next one was a little tricky, you concluded that it was the mafia involved so you told Lestrade to leave off that case. The last one was a bit in between but you solved it nonetheless.

"Are you sure it's the grandma?" You give a nod and Greg shrugs. "Alright, thank you, Y/n. Meet at your lab tomorrow morning at 9, thanks again for helping," you nod as Greg leaves the room leaving you, Anderson and Loki.

"I have to say that was impressive," Anderson walks closer to you.

"Thank you,"

"Brains were always a turn on for me," he compliments with a wink. You internally cringe.

"My skills are a turn on to you now, but when Sherlock does it he's a freak?" You place back the files and take off your gloves.

"That's because he is a freak," Anderson scoffs, Loki quietly stands up, ready to defend you. "How about we get lunch later?" He asks in a horrible seductive tone.

"Mhm... no thanks, I don't go on dates with idiots, just like you brains are a turn on for me, and evidently you don't have one," pushing past Anderson you walk out the room with Loki following close behind.

~~~

Knocking on the door of 221B you wait for Mrs Hudson to open the door. As she does her faces brightens up immediately.

"Y/n!" She quickly hugs you.

"Hi, Mrs H, how have you been?" She wipes her hands on her apron and smiles.

"I've been good, who is this handsome man?"

"Mrs H, this is Loki," Loki takes Mrs Hudson's hand and kisses it lightly.

"Pleasure to meet you," she lets out a flattered chuckle.

"I like him, very good choice," she takes your hand and leads you to the kitchen.

"We aren't dating," you correct her. "Oh, do I see cookie dough?" She nods and continues to roll the dough into balls and placing them on the tray.

"What are you doing here, dear?" You quickly hide the bit of dough you had taken.

"I need to check sherlocks flat," she nods and gives you the spare key.

"Also, I saw that," as you pop the dough in your mouth you turn around to the landlady.

"I have no idea why you're talking about!" She lets out a laugh and shoos you off.

~~~

What am I even doing???? I feel like a carpeted bathroom floor

What am I even doing???? I feel like a carpeted bathroom floor... interpret that how you will

- Yet again, a very confused Anna ❤️