Chapter 54 - Flame

Sitting down in the concrete room you lean against the solid bed. Letting out a shaky breath you look to the darkened glass, you knew that people were watching, but you didn't want them to be mad, you didn't want them to hurt you. You stayed silent the entire time unless it was a scream for mercy. For however long you've been here you though you would have gotten used to the pain but no... It hurt just as much as the first time, maybe even more.

"Hey, N/n," you look up at the cell door to see Jake grinning from ear to ear. He open the slot and slides in a plate of mush. "Enjoying your stay?"

"Absolutely, I'd enjoy different view though," you grumble and stand up. Grabbing the plate and plastic spoon you set it on the floor and slowly eat as Jake leans against the door and looks through the small slot. "And the Tv doesn't seem to be working," you point at a carved out rectangle. Jake chuckles and looks to the side.

"Even during all this you are able to crack a joke,"

"Someone's gotta do it because evidently you can't be funny,"

"I'm hurt, you used to always laugh at my jokes!" Rolling your eyes you slide the empty plate to the other side of the room.

"Why are you doing to me?" You turn to Jake who smiles.

"I'm making you into the best assassin the world has ever seen! And I'm talking about both universes, they will fear you as you hunt them..." you held in a nervous breath as he continues. "You will be unique, like none other... we will rule the world!"

~~~

"This is the 15th base we have checked!" Thor sends a bolt of lightning at the glass window out looking the sea.

"This is hopeless..." Peter sits down on the ground and takes off his mask. "Where is Loki?"

"Still looking around," Vision lands on the ground and looks around.

"Is that where he was last night?" Vision gives a nod. John sighs and places his gun away. "Anna, where else could she be?" The group turns to the pacing girl who tapped away at her phone with worry.

"I... I don't know-"

"Y/N?!" Loki's yell fills the abandoned halls, his feet pounding at the hard stone floor.

~~~

"Last run," Jake nods and signals for the last batch of serum to enter your system. "Electrotherapy commencing in 3... 2... 1..." closing your eyes you feel your skin warm up just like last time, holding in the shriek of pain as best as you could soon your lips parted and your scream left.

"Heart rate increasing, temperature increasing dramatically," A nurse records these notes as Jake nods. Your tears started to burn on your skin, a subtle hiss heard with each tear.

"What's happening?" The Hydra base leader looks horrified as your skin glows bright. Soon the pain of heat leaves your body as only the shocks stay to zap you. Feeling a warm tingly feeling in your palms a oozing feeling falls down from your wrists to your palm. "Stop this! She will break free!" Jake turns the crank further as you reach up to the head piece and rip it off.

"Get her under control!" Men run into the room as you break free completely. A sizzle and burning feeling later your fall to the ground, your breathing slowing down until you blacked out.

~~~

Clicking your fingers a single flame ignites and extinguishes on command. Looking up at the many tubes holding Carbon dioxide, ready to put you out if you got out of hand. Using a glowing finger you slowly scorch doodles in the walls. Staring intently at the doodle it was of a waterfall, one back on Asgard. A tear forms in your eyes and rolls down your cheek, luckily you learned to stop your skin from burning when in contact with water. You did spend days upon days in this cell.

"So, hows our little flame?"

"Fine,"

"Aw, I know you're mad now but soon you'll thank me," he gives a soft smile, turning to Jake you hold in your anger knowing you'll ignite if you get too angry.

"I'm a freak..."

"You..." he gives a charming smile which makes you gag. "You are beautiful, unique, powerful..."

"I'm a monster, even more so than before!" Feeling a burning sensation in your core you take a deep breath before turning back to the doodle. "What's your plan now?"

"I'm glad you asked that, My little Flame," he opens the cell door and gestures for you to come out. Slowly walking out you see two men with fire extinguishers. Rolling your eyes you walk down the hall with him. "We are now going to do phase two," he pushes you into a room with a single chair... the same as what Bucky was put in.

"No..."

"Oh yes," stepping back the two men grab you and place you in the chair. "We cant have those memories affecting your work now can we?" As they cuff you down you start to feel the heat around your wrist. A spray of Carbon dioxide makes you cry out in pain. "Commence," Jake sits back in a chair and watches as the headpiece is placed on your head.

~~~

"Your name is?"

"Y/n L/n,"

"Code name?"

"Flame," Jake grins from the corner of the room as the scientist checks off the list.

"Who are your allies?"

"Hydra and Jake Davis," Jakes grin widens as you continue to stare at the blank wall waiting for the next question.

"Do you have any knowledge of the following people: Loki Friggason, The Avengers and allies, Sherlock Holmes, Jim Moriarty, John Watson, Anna Watson ," you give a nod. "What do you know?"

"That they are my targets,"

~~~

Well

Well... 🍠

- 🤡❤️