Chapter 9 - Suspicious

Running out the room you check to see the gun loaded, the hall was foggy, only red lighting everything up. Sensing footsteps approaching you hide back in your room and wait for the heavy steps to pass. Immediately you jab the intruder in the head and flip them over. They were wearing heavy armour and a mask with the hydra symbol on it. Taking the knife they had you pocket it and continue down the hall. Your instincts tell you to duck down, so that's what you do, a fist flies over your head and slams into the wall. Taking the arm you twist it kick the back of their knees letting them fall to the ground. Smacking the back of the gun against their head they pass out. The sound of more footsteps filled the living room as you got ready. Someone kicks your side causing you to groan, they go for another kick but you grab that leg and swing kick them down to the ground. Getting up, and massage you back.

"Haven't done that in a while," you whisper. As everything went quiet, everything but the alarm, you walk backwards but jump when you feel the back of a gun against your head. Looking back you see a few soldiers. "Can I just put something on?" You take out your phone slowly and put on a song. "Hope you guys like Bubblegum Bitch by MARINA!" The song starts to play and you smirk as you grab the gun and swing it across the room. This sudden movement frightened the group until they composed themselves and advanced on you.

I'll chew you up and I'll spit you out
'Cause that's what young love is all about
So pull me closer and kiss me hard
I'm gonna pop your bubblegum heart

Finding the weak spot in the first soldiers head you clap your hands against their ears causing them to shout in pain, you round house kick them making them fall to the ground.

I'm Miss Sugar Pink, liquor, liquor lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss!

Blocking the punches thrown at you easily you knock the next persons gun out their hand and put them in a headlock, slowly restricting air they pass out.

Oh, dear diary, I met a boy
He made my doll heart light up with joy
Oh, dear diary, we fell apart
Welcome to the life of Electra Heart

The last person was a little difficult, large build and tall, he goes to grab you but you slide between his legs and kick him down to the ground.

"I'll be your bubblegum bitch!" You sing as the song finishes. "Ok, give me a reason not to kill you right now," the man whimpers as you place a knife against his throat. "Why is hydra attacking the tower?" Flipping him over so you were on top you see the fear in his eyes. "Are they desperate or stupid?" You push the knife harder against his throat, slowly it drew blood.

"We aren't hydra!" The man cries out, you look down at him in confusion. The alarm stops and lights come back on. Letting go of the man you look around to see a man with a black eyepatch clapping his hand.

"Well done, though, pardon me for not knowing your name, I don't doubt you know my name," the fog seems to subside and you flip your hair out of your face.

"Y/n... and yeah, you're Nick Fury... what the fuck is going on?" One by one each avenger runs in. Seconds later they were followed by your group.

"Director, why is there another practice going on?! it's a Thursday!" Tony shouts. "Woah... what happened here?" Everyone's eyes dart from the passed out men and cowering man on the floor.

"Practices shouldn't be scheduled, Stark, and for this? Let me show you," the director presses a remote and footage of you pops up. Everyone stares in confusion as you raise your phone to play music. One by each move was executed and each soldier passed out, then it was cut to the part where you put a knife against his neck menacingly.

"ENOUGH!" Every flinches at your outburst just as the screen turns dark.

"Now, she is a fighter," you look down at the knife in hand and drop it.

"Y/n... where did you learn to fight like that?" John asks in a soft tone.

"I- I don't want to talk about it-" your phone rings. "H-hello?"

Hey, what happened?

"Well, uhm.." you look back at the group before leaving quickly to your room. "They found out."

What?!

"The attack was a practice run and I didn't know so I knocked a few people out..."

Still got it in you huh?

"Anna, this isn't funny, they know about my skill, I need to make sure they don't find out about anything else," placing the gun back in it's drawer you sit on your bed. "I left to get away from this kind of stuff, normal life bs you know?" Sighing you look down. "Look, if they- if they find out what I used to do... they- they'd hate me,"

They won't hate you... everyone has done horrible things... maybe not to this extent but you know what I mean.

"I guess you're right?"

I always am... did you play your song?

Letting out a chuckle you confirm. "Yeah... to be honest I always thought I looked badass with it on, the footage of me fighting today really pushed my ego," Anna lets out a laugh.

That's good... oh! I'm here! Thank god your flat isn't too far from the train station, I'll call you later ok? Love you

"Ok... love you too, bye,"

Bye

The line goes silent and you collapse on the bed with a groan. "Fml,"

~~~

And what did sweet veruca say? Daddy?Yes?Buy me North Korea!

Daddy?
Yes?
Buy me North Korea!

Also I'm writing chapter 35 of this book...

- Anna ❤️