Chapter 65 - Not the worst- but not the best

A soft knock takes you out of your light thoughts. Letting the person in you see Loki standing there giving you a gentle smile. "Hey, Loki,"

"Are you ok?" You give a shrug and fiddle with your clothes. "A little nervous?"

"Yeah..." he fixes your collar and lifts your chin. "I don't think I can do this-"

"Hey, remember when I felt like I couldn't go to that press conference? You said you'd be there for me," intertwining his hand in yours you give a smile. "Now, it's my turn to say that I will be there for you, you can do this," he kisses your forehead and leads you out the room.

~~~

"Miss L/n, why did you destroy those shops?" You look at Tony who nods.

"I was under someone's orders,"

"Was this person the one that give you these powers?" You nod.

"If you were under someone's orders, wouldn't you be able to escape when out in public?" Swallowing the lump in your throat Loki squeezes your hand gently.

"The reason that I was not able to escape is because my memories... were erased and replaced with others that would put the Avengers as my targets, but I assure you those thoughts are discarded," the reporter sits down with a nod. "Any more questions?" Silence filled the room until a hand raised up. "Yes?"

"Hi, yes, when doing research about you no files came up with you having any PhDs or any known identity around the world. What do you have to say about this?" Your eyes widen as you shift uncomfortably in your chair. Looking to Tony for help he gives an unknowing glance and takes the microphone.

"Y/n's files are all classified but I assure you that what she says is true," The press all give uncertain glances.

"Mr Stark, there have been sightings of those extra four people in Avengers tower," the reporter points to the group off stage. "Who are they?"

"They are people," Tony dismiss the questions but gets annoyed when more reporters ask the same question. "Look, they currently reside in the tower due to reasons I will disclose,"

"What are their names?" Tony sighs shakes his head.

"Classified," the press rolls their eyes.

"Sir, what's your name?" They all turn to Sherlock who looks to Tony who shrugs.

"Sherlock," the press laughs but stops when they see his serious face.

"Would your last name be Holmes too?" Sherlock nods making the press hold up all their recording devices. "As in the Sherlock Holmes books by Arthur Conan Doyle?"

"Yes, I've heard those books exist,"

"Are you claiming to be Sherlock Holmes?" A round of laughs fills the room as Sherlock rolls his eyes.

"Do you need proof?" You sigh and slap your forehead knowing where this is going. The reporter nods with a smirk. "Alright, this is your first big story, you've been working all nighters for the past week leading up to this conference except last night, you have a golden retriever which you have to keep away from your 4 month old child and tabby cat which you favour more,"

"You missed the chocolate biscuit he had this morning while feeding the cat," Moriarty inputs.

"Yes, thank you, Moriarty, but I didn't think that was necessary, anything else you want to add?" Sherlock scowls.

"He had a fight with his wife and slept on the couch last night due to his late nights," you chuckle making the group turn to you.

"Guest bedroom, and it wasn't chocolate biscuit, it was a cinnamon biscuit he had an hour before this conference," you say nonchalantly. The press conference goes silent and looks at you three with wide eyes.