Chapter 7

Trost

Graduation day was in two days, and everyone was worried about who the top ten would be. (Y/n) already knew that she wouldn't be in the top ten, more like the bottom ten, because of how much Shadis had grown to hate her. She kept on pulling pranks and being lazy that she even asked herself why she was still at the training grounds and not back at Stohess with her brother.

Caleb and (Y/n) had exchanged several letters over the course of the year. It would start out with a "How have you been? I miss you so much!" and transition to a "Stop doing dumb shit" and then finishing with a sweet "Take care, love you!" Caleb would scold her about her low grades in her exams, and she would scold him for scolding her.

Miles had also exchanged letters with her, mainly to tell her how they were holding up and searching for answers. Most of his investigations came to a dead end and he would write about his failure. (Y/n) had written back not to worry, that he would soon find something.

The weirdest letter exchange she had was with Erwin. He had sent her a letter asking about how she was and asking to keep the contents of the letter a secret. He would talk about how he knew that her grades were low and that if she didn't better her scores, he would have to put her in intensive training. It was clear between both of them that she would be joining the Survey Corps.

(Y/n) laid in her bed staring up when Ymir had come over and straddled the girl. Her legs were tightly pressed against (Y/n)'s thighs and her long arms rested on either side of the girl's head. (Y/n) smiles up at her friend who was already smiling down at her.

"What's on your mind?" Ymir asks, her brown eyes gazing into (e/c) eyes.

"Nothing, just thinking about how I'll probably be in the bottom ten" (Y/n) replies and shrugs her shoulders.

"At least we'll be together" Ymir retorts, remembering how they would just lazily lounge around on the training field and run away when they would get caught.

(Y/n) hums, and drums her fingers on the freckled girl's legs. They just gazed at each other as tension grew, making (Y/n)'s stomach tighten. She had grown to care deeply for the sarcastic girl who was sitting on her. Both girls knew there was something between them, but they never dared act upon it out of modesty and respect for their friendship.

"Can you two get a room?" Annie asks and sits down on the same bed the girls were on.

"You're just jealous we're not including you," Ymir says and winks at the blonde. Annie in return rolls her eyes, and lays back onto the bed, making sure that her arms wrap around (Y/n)'s left arm.

"There's enough of me for everybody" (Y/n) states, a flirtatious smile creeps up on her face.

"That makes you sound like a whore" a voice pipes up and Sasha jumps on the bed, pushing Ymir off in the process.

"I will not deny that" (Y/n) retorts and the four girls start laughing. 

Nights like these made (Y/n) feel normal. She felt human and it helped her keep her mind off all the things she did in the past. She had killed people and some days she found herself regretting her decisions, but then she remembered how many lives she made better. I did what many were too afraid to do, she told herself to reassure herself that she did what had to be done.

At the sound of laughter, Mikasa and Krista also joined them on (Y/n)'s bed and they were all talking about their task that they had to do at Trost the next day. Their cabin door suddenly opens to reveal one of their loud, male peers.

"You guys won't believe it, the Survey Corps is here!" Eren screams, fangirling at how his idols were back on the training grounds. (Y/n) grabs her pillow and throws it at Eren, hitting him straight in the face.