Chapter 45

Smiles and Sunshine

Luka sat on the ground as Levi scrubs the dirty bunny with soap and water. He was curiously watching over what the man did, hoping his bunny was okay. Levi gives it a few more washes before taking it out of the sink and hanging it to dry.

Levi glances down at the boy who had tears in his eyes, "Oi, don't cry."

"Bunny" Luka sadly mumbles while pointing at the soaked stuffed animal.

Levi sighs not knowing how to deal with a crying child. He awkwardly pats the boy's tangled hair, his eyes widening at the matted dirt and grease. Luka's bunny wasn't the only thing that needed washing. Levi kneels in front of him, "Do you want to take a bath? I'll help you."

(Y/n) steps out of the shower, the colorful ink on her skin now gone. She dries herself before putting on a white button-up shirt, leaving the top two buttons and bottom two buttons were undone to reveal some of her chest and stomach. She then slips on black, elastic shorts. She slips out of the bathroom and heads to where Levi might be.

She strolls down the dark hallway, the impact between her flats and the wooden planks being the only sound. She walks further down until she hears a crash and an exasperated scoff to her right. She glances at the bright light behind the door. Her hand pushes back the door without making any sound. She peeks her head in.

Levi sat on the tiled ground next to a bathtub filled with water. His white shirt was soaked with soapy water and his sleeves were rolled up. His black locks dripped water onto his body. His stormy blue eyes glare at the bathtub.

Luka sat in the bathtub, his hazel eyes pure and his smile expressing how happy the situation made him. (Y/n) smiles at the two and walks into the flooded bathroom, "It looks like you need some help."

"Tch. I don't need help," Levi bitterly mutters and turns around to face away from her as he goes back to scrubbing Luka's back. Luka wiggles his arms in glee, giggling at the ticklish feeling of the scrub. Levi leans his head against the tub, "Luka, please stay still."

The little boy glances back at him and then turns to glance at her. (Y/n) points a firm finger at him and mouths 'behave'. Luka turns around awkwardly nodding and miraculously lets Levi wash his body. (Y/n) smiles at the cute scene in front of her. Levi felt her eyes on him and it made the blush on his pale cheeks darken into a deep red. It was embarrassing enough for her to see him in such a vulnerable state.

Luka now wore blacks shorts and a white shirt. His outfit matched (Y/n)'s outfit. She picks him up, propping him on her hip and gives Levi a mischievous smirk, "It would be a shame if a certain goggle-wearing person made their way here..."

"(Y/n), don't you dare..." Levi warns cautiously.

She faces the open door and cups her mouth with her free hand. A strong hand grabs onto her cheeks and pulls it back forward. Levi crashes his lips onto hers and she smiles as he kisses her deeply. Luka covers his eyes at sight in front of him.

Levi separates from the kiss, "I'll kill you if you call Hanji."

"Hm...if it's you, then I wouldn't mind" (Y/n) winks at him and he frowns at her. Loud shouting erupts from the end of the hall, "I should go check what's going on. Take those clothes off before you get a cold."

"Then get out" he pushes her out of the bathroom and she groans.

"Aw man, I thought you would ask me to ta-" she teases him, but he slams the door when she's outside. She sticks her tongue out at the door.

"Don't stick your tongue out at me" she hears him shout from the other side of the room and she blushes deeply.

(Y/n) gives Luka a shy smile, "Let's go check on the others."