Chapter 48

New Recruits

"I can't believe we have to go back already" (Y/n) sighs and sits on the fence. She wore a white tank top with a white, open button-up shirt that she had stolen from Levi. She then wore black high-waisted jeans along with her combat boots and white socks she had also stolen from him.

"It's pretty peaceful here and where did you get the shirt?" Armin asks his blue eyes on the shirt. 

"My boyfriend" she smirks at them and their eyes go wide at her statement, "Just kidding!"

Jean huffs in annoyance at her response, "Don't scare us like that."

"What do you mean?" she asks, tilting her head in innocence and playing along.

"I mean, if you were to be dating then that would mean we don't stand-" Jean starts answering, but Eren and Armin elbow him harshly on the side to keep him from spilling their secrets. (Y/n) smiles at them knowing what Jean was going to say.

"Hey!" a voice calls out in the distance and they turn their heads to look at Historia. She had her hair tied in a loose ponytail and had a shawl around her small shoulders. She held her arms out to catch the children running away from her.

They come to a stop as Historia wraps her arms around the children. They giggle at her, "Don't run from me! Listen to when I'm talking to you!"

"Isn't this..." Armin mumbles and Jean picks up on what he was going to say.

"Not the Queen we were expecting," he says, a smile on his face, "She seems more suited to run an orphanage rather than a kingdom."

Armin smiles at the blonde far away, "You know what they call her? The Cattle-Farming Goddess."

(Y/n) laughs at the nickname, "It suits her."

"Looks like we finally have a goddess among us," Jean says and (Y/n) kicks his back. He smirks at her, "Sorry, forgot you were here. At this rate, no one will remember the chum who plugged up the wall."

Jean evilly smirks at Eren to piss him off, but Eren doesn't pay mind to Jean's taunt. He just continues to stare after Historia in the distance. (Y/n) had noticed a change in Eren's personality. He had become more secluded. He kept to himself at the dinner table instead of conversing with others.

(Y/n) grabs onto his shirt and pulls him towards her. She wraps her arms around his neck. His lips part, dumbfounded by the hug, "What are you doing?"

"I'm hugging you" she pouts and squishes him harder in her arms. She whispers into his ear, "I'm always here for you. You can come to me whenever you need to talk."

Eren pats her arm and whispers back to her, "Thank you."

She lets him go when they all see Hisotira run at them, "You four! Stop slacking!"

Jean and Armin let out a groan. They grab onto some boxes, carrying them back to the farm. (Y/n) picks up her own box and walks beside them. Jean frowns, "She's becoming more like my mother."

"How's your mom, Jean-Boy?" (Y/n) deviously smirks at him and he glares at her.

"Don't call me that" he blushes at her teases, "And she's fine. I got a letter from her recently and she told me to tell you to send her a letter."

"Me? Why me?" (Y/n) asks.

Armin leans forward to look at her from Jean's side, "Because you're very likable. You know, without knowing about your demon murderous ways, you're literally the perfect example of the girl you take to meet your mom."