Chapter 55

Power

Night had fallen sooner than they had all anticipated. Whatever confidence they had had also fallen because it meant that Shiganshina was just around the corner. The war would begin the second they march into the abandoned district.

(Y/n)'s hands tremble, her mind racing, and her eyes darting back and forward at any sudden sounds. She was neurotic and she needed to cool her head fast. But nothing could calm her. Every rustle and peep from the forest reached her ears.

Thought after thought circulated in her mind. Questions after questions were left unanswered by her anxious mind. She couldn't focus. Miles looks over at her to make sure she was alright, but his eyes narrow when he sees the empty look in her eyes.

He reaches out to her and places his hand on her head. Her (e/c) eyes focus on his figure in the dark, "You're okay. I'm here."

Her lips twitch to form a smile, but it quickly falls, "I know, I'm just scared."

"That's okay, I'm scared too," he gives her a kind smile, "We'll be okay. No matter what happens, I'm here for you."

"Thank you," she whispers and takes in a deep breath to hold back her anxious feelings.

There was no way she was going to be able to get over her anxiety. It was too much. There was so much pressure on her shoulders. She had the weight of the world on her shoulders and she felt that her body will give out at any second.

Ava had called that feeling insecure. Years ago, (Y/n) had asked the black-haired woman why she sometimes felt pressured by the people around her. Ava had simply answered that she was feeling insecure about herself and her decisions. Ava had explained that insecurity would lead to self-doubt and vice versa.

(Y/n) closes her eyes, her grip strengthening around the reins. She had to erase all doubt from her mind. She couldn't question everything she did. She needed to stay sharp and clear. If she didn't, then it would be the same situation as Nikolas.

She almost died for not being confident in herself and this time, her brother's life was at stake. Her nostrils flare and her eyes snap open with newfound determination. Her decision was made and she won't go back on her decision.

Tall walls approach them as the sun breaks into the cloudy sky. It was going to rain soon and that would give Ava an advantage. (Y/n) adjusts her hood to cover her face better. (C/n) wraps around her neck and her nails dig into her (s/c) skin.

Before they could reach the wall, Miles and (Y/n) move up to the front to ride alongside Erwin. They were going to separate from the large group to go sneak into the wall without being detected, "Erwin, tell us when to disappear."

"Miles, (c/n), and (Y/n)," the blonde says in a serious tone but he turns to her with a smile on his face, "Good luck."

They nod and they maneuver their horses to head into the forest. A few people behind them shouted at them to get back in the formation since they didn't know their plan. Levi stares after her retreating figure into the wall, "Come back alive...please."

Bolt gallops through the forest to get to the left side of the wall. Since the Survey Corps was going to go in through the middle, then they will go in through the side. Once they were in front of the wall, they dismount their horses.

Miles ties his brown horse with Bolt and (Y/n) gently pets him, "Go find the others and be safe after we climb over."

Bolt snorts and nods his head in understanding. (Y/n) makes sure (c/n) is safe around her neck before shooting her wires into the wall, "Now or never."