Chapter 20

Day of Mourning

(Y/n) looks down at her left arm, feeling pain. She lifts her jacket's sleeve up, the line marking appearing on her skin. She furrows her eyebrows at the mark but decides that it was best to deal with it later. (C/n) jumps down to walk beside her.

She sneaks into the horse stables, checking each one and stops when she comes across the brown and white spotted horse. Bolt lets out a happy neigh, shaking his head. She brings her hands up to silence him. She pets him slowly and leaves a kiss on his head. She walks out of the stables and into the castle.

It was too quiet for her liking. She hears voices coming from the dining hall. She shadow travels herself onto the high metal beams of the room. Everyone sat at their tables, all had a saddened expression. 

Erwin was giving a speech on how the expedition may have failed, but they learned something new about their enemy. Along with the fact that they found out that the titan shifter had a hardening ability. He went on to speak about the people who died in the expedition. He pauses for a minute.

"(Y/n) (L/n) was a wonderful cadet. She was strong, beautiful, kind, and graceful" Erwin states, trying to keep the tears from running down his cheeks. (Y/n) didn't know the impact her death had on her friends. She sees how her friends were silently mourning.

Sasha was being held by Krista as they silently cry. Mikasa had her arms wrapped around Eren and Armin, her eyes closed trying to find peace with the reality that her friend would not be coming back. Reiner and Bertholdt held their heads down in shame. Connie and Jean were trying their best to keep the tears under control.

Worst of all was Ymir, who couldn't cry because of her earlier breakdown. Her eyes were sunken and puffy. Her cheeks stained. (Y/n) sadly smiles down at her. I wish I could be with you, but I could take this opportunity to hunt down Madama Ava and Fredrik. I hope you can forgive me.

With those thoughts in her mind, (Y/n) shadow travels into Erwin's office. It was dark and empty, the moon was the only source of light. (Y/n) walks over to his desk, glancing down at the mortality reports. She traces her finger over Eld's name and then writes down his family's address on a piece of paper.

She was going to go meet his mother by herself as her last goodbye to him. (Y/n) bites down on her lips, trying to hold back her tears. She was dead in this world, she had to be careful so no one uncovers her. However, if she wanted to sneak into Stohess, then she needed a certain someone's help.

(Y/n) hears two sets of footsteps coming up to the door. Levi and Erwin were standing on the other side of the door. They had important matters to discuss such as the female titan and (Y/n). Erwin opens the door, his blue eyes trailing to the figure sitting on his desk. Her (h/c) hair seems to glow in the moonlight.

"Don't talk, don't yell," (Y/n) orders, her (e/c) eyes glaring down at them with intensity, "I need your help."

Erwin and Levi move into the room, locking the door behind them. They slowly stand in front of her. They notice her choice of outfit, something that wasn't used in the walls. She had gone somewhere after her apparent death in Wall Maria.

"How?" Erwin whispers, he thought his eyes were deceiving him from the sadness he felt. When he saw her body crash into the ground, he made the decision to leave her body there. Hanji and Ymir had berated him for his decision. Even Levi had shockingly scolded him too.

"I'm not going to get into the technical stuff right now so let's just say I went through Hell and back" (Y/n) states, her expression stayed serious. (C/n) was watching the three people in front of her, "Keep my death a secret, I need to find someone dangerous."