Chapter 21

Encounters and Confrontations

She had on a light pink skirt that reached her ankles with a white shirt that had puffed sleeves and a square neckline tucked inside. A dark brown corset made her bust prominent. Her emerald necklace was tucked inside. She was holding a letter in her hand. 

It was from Erwin, telling her how they were having a funeral for her and all the fallen soldiers. He explained how her friends were still crying their eyes out and will probably do so until they either composed themselves or she appeared again. (Y/n) felt guilty for not telling Ymir, but she told herself it was for the sake of their safety.

The letter also explained about their investigation into the female titan. (Y/n) kept Annie's secret for a little longer until she could confront her. Everyone was talking about her death, especially the residents of Stohess. They were wondering how a supernatural creature could die so quickly.

Sometimes she would hear people in the flower shop below her talk about how they should have never worried about her turning on them because she was weak. (Y/n) had to hold back from destroying her surroundings at the anger and guilt she felt. However, she decided to lock up her emotions for now. 

She had also explained Caleb, Elma, and Miles what she had learned from her father. About how demons were truly created. Which asked new questions like who is the Devil King? Should they be scared of the dark priest turning on them?

A figure slides into the seat next to her at the dining table. She looks up from the letter to smile at her brother. He had some slight stubble on his chin because he wanted to try and grow out a beard like a manly man. (Y/n) and Miles decided to make fun of him for it.

"What's up?" Caleb asks with a bright smile on his face. He was really joyful that his sister was back home with him, but he had to put up a sad front every time he left the shop. Good thing he was a great actor.

"The ceiling" (Y/n) jokes with a smirk on her face. She had told her brother about her past and he had taken it rather well to her surprise. He said that it was fine as long as she never hurt anyone innocent. Caleb rolls his eyes at her, "What? You walked into that one."

"Yeah, whatever" Caleb pouts, crossing his arms over his chest.

"To answer your question, I was just thinking" (Y/n) says with a smile, "Tonight the Military Police will rush into the Red District to find the demon Erwin had falsely reported and then Elma and I will infiltrate." 

"Do you know what you're looking for?" he asks as he taps on the table. (Y/n) glances down at the table, vibing to the rhythm of the drumming. Caleb notices her bobbing her head so he drums a little harder so the noise was louder. (Y/n) stands up and starts dancing around the room like how they used to do as kids.

Elma walks into the room, wondering why the air was being disrupted. She watches (Y/n) and Caleb vibing to some tapping he was doing. Elma smiles at them, they need this after all that's happened.

Miles walks into the room with a raised eyebrow at them, "(Y/n), did you break into my weed cabinet again?"

Caleb stops the tapping and glares at his sister who was looking down at the ground, "You've done drugs?"

"Perhaps" (Y/n) replies shielding her face with her hand away from Caleb.

"What did I tell you? I told you to say no to drugs" Caleb lectures with his hands on his hips. Elma glances at Miles, asking him to explain to her what was going on. Miles catches her up on what was going on.

"So doing drugs is what bothers you? Not the fact that I've killed people?" (Y/n) mocks with her arms crossed over her chest. Caleb points a finger at her to argue, but he couldn't find a point to make so he just pouts at his sister. (Y/n) laughs at his face, "Chill out, I'm a god, remember?"