Chapter 27

Chaos

Ymir waves her hand in her face as she tries to cool down her body from the heat of the sun. She felt bad for acting so cold towards (Y/n), but she really didn't want to let the (h/c) haired girl know who she really was. It also didn't help that she was extremely thirsty, "Hey, do you guys have any water, I'm parched?"

"We're not really in the position to care for anyone's needs right now" Reiner states as he motions at the lack of supplies they had. (Y/n) furrows her eyebrows at them. If they didn't pack anything, then that means that their hometown is either near or it's far that we'll be stopping somewhere that has food and water, she thinks, the nearest place that could have food and water is Shinganshina.

"You know, we've been working extremely hard, I hope we get a promotion when we get back" Reiner states with a smile. Everyone stares at him in shock.

"Reiner, what are you saying?" Ymir asks with a stern face. She didn't like how Reiner was switching between personalities. First, he was talking about taking them back to his hometown, and now he's talking about getting a promotion in the Survey Corps.

"Ymir, thank you for saving me back at the castle with the canon," Reiner thanks her as he rubs his chin, "I also have to thank you too, goddess, you did punch that titan in the face before it could get to me. Maybe I should marry you."

"Reiner, stop flirting with her, she's not available" Ymir grumbles, "Or did you forget that I made out with her back at the castle?"

Eren glances over at (Y/n), the shy posture of her figure confirming of her's and Ymir's relationship. Eren bites his cheek, feeling really jealous that Ymir had made her move first than him. In fact, three people already made their moves first than him. Eld, Ymir, and Reiner, and if I knew the nature of her relationship with Levi, then it's four people.

"Jean kissed her back at the expedition, so really he beat you to it" Reiner recounts the two-toned hair boy grabbing onto (Y/n)'s face and kissing her before she left to find Eren. Ymir glares at (Y/n), feeling cheated.

"You kissed Jean?" Ymir asks her and (Y/n) shakes her head.

"He surprised me by kissing me" (Y/n) clears up as she glares at Reiner who was enjoying the conflict arising between the two girls, "I didn't even kiss back."

"Did you want to?" Ymir pressures her and (Y/n) rolls her eyes at her.

"No, of course not" (Y/n) answers with a frown, "The only person I like is you and you know that. Why are you ganging up on me? I haven't done anything."

Ymir softens her glare at the girl and looks away, her hand over the lower part of her face. Ymir couldn't deny it, she was extremely jealous someone had kissed (Y/n) behind her back. Well, it was only fair to her since she did kiss (Y/n) behind Eld's back and he died thinking (Y/n) was the one for him.

She glances at (Y/n), the ring on her right hand shining in the sun, "Whose ring is that?"

(Y/n) lifts her right hand to show everyone the ring, "Eld's mother gave it to me. It was her wedding ring."

"You shouldn't do that to yourself," Bertholdt says as he gazes at the ring, "It's clear his death has made you feel guilty. It's chewing away at you."

"You have no right to tell me what I feel," (Y/n) states as she frowns at him, "You did end up killing over thousands of innocent people including Eren's mother and my mother."

At her comment, the tall man keeps his mouth shut. Reiner moves on to talking about what they'll do back at training and Eren snaps his head at the blonde, muscular man, "Why are you acting like if you can go back?"