Chapter 12

Ghosts and Apologies

(Y/n) had no words. She was simply speechless. Her biological mother was standing in front of her. She wore a long white, long-sleeved dress and a white, loose robe. Her (s/c) skin was shining like that of a goddess. She smiles down at (Y/n).

"How?" (Y/n) finally mumbles, the pain in her arm stopping.

"If you're questioning how I'm alive, I'm not," the woman says, "I'm a ghost."

(Y/n) didn't know what to do. It was too much for her. First, the cloaked figure claiming to be her father, and now her biological mother's ghost was standing in front of her. It was too fucking much for her to handle. Her heart was beating hard against her chest, nausea building up.

"Deep breaths, dear," the woman says, "It's clear that you are still not ready for the truth. Don't worry my love, we will meet once again in the future when you are ready. For now, be strong and keep your chin up."

(Y/n) opens her mouth to say something, but the field vanishes and she is back sitting in her room. She felt the stomach acid coming up her throat and she runs to the bathroom, throwing up into the sink. Her body shaking so badly that she had to grip onto the sink to not fall. 

She wipes away at the vomit that was on her chin and hair. She had to take a bath now because the vomit had splashed onto her shirt and the stench made her want to throw up more. If there was one thing she hated most in the world, it was throwing up, especially when she didn't have someone next to her to comfort her. 

She lets out a shaky breath and leans her head back to look at the ceiling. A soft meow made her turn around to look at her furry friend. She weakly smiles at the cat and kneels down to pet the cat. (C/n) gets close to her, but then gags and moves away from her.

"I know I stink" (Y/n) mumbles, "You don't have to bully me about it." 

(Y/n) takes her shirt off and soaks her shirt with water, trying to wash out the vomit. She glances at her figure in the mirror. Her torso was wrapped in bandages and her left forearm was still wrapped up in the bandages. Her eyes move to the various scars littered across her body.

It was clear that her body had gone through some really bad training and fighting. There was one scar above her right breast. It was a gunshot wound. She remembers running through the halls of some random mansion and an MP had shot at her from the front. If she wasn't a demon, she would have lost her right lung and probably ended up dead. She was only thirteen.

"Now that I think about" (Y/n) mutters to herself, "I shouldn't have been doing that at such a young age."

(Y/n) sighs and finishes washing away the shirt. She washes her face and turns to look at (c/n) who is patiently waiting for her to finish. (Y/n) sends the cat a small smile and opens the bathroom door to leave. There were no such things as a private bathroom for her. She had to run out of her room and into the communal bathroom on her floor.

The cold air hits her exposed body. She was only wearing a black bralette and her elastic shorts. She makes her way down the stairs to the first floor to hang her shirt on the laundry wires. Once she places the shirt on the wire, she looks at the moon.

"I can never catch a breath, huh" (Y/n) says at the moon and a meow makes her look down. (C/n) was staring up at her with her glowing green eyes. Her feline friend was always watching her, following her around. (Y/n) found it strange that an animal so independent was always after her, "You're not a cat, are you?"

(C/n) scratches her head in response causing the girl to laugh, "I guess it's just you and me."

"It would be if you were alone, brat" Levi suddenly says making the girl jump and snap her head to look at him. He wore a white long sleeve and black pyjama pants. It was different from his usual uniform and cravat. Oh no, he's hot! she nervously thinks to herself, blushing at the man.