Chapter 17

57th Expedition

(Y/n) was on her horse, Bolt, riding beside Eld on the way to Karanes district. Her eyes gaze at Erwin's head, remembering what he told her before they departed.

"Erwin! Why were you looking for me yesterday?" I asked him.

"I want you on the right-wing of the formation," Erwin replied.

"Why? Do you think something will happen? My friends are on that side" I said, but he just ruffled my hair and walked away.

She swallows her saliva, anxiety making her feel nauseous. She had slept through dinner so she had eaten her share of breakfast and Eren's bread because he wasn't fast enough to eat it. Krista had heavily scolded her for stealing his bread.

"So, after the expedition, do you want to go on another date?" Eld asks from her side. She looks over at his hopeful eyes, her heart aching at the thought of shooting him down.

"Sure," (Y/n) agrees with a sweet smile on her face, feeling guilty.

"Good, cause I would love to take you to Trost," Eld says and then whispers the last part so no one can hear him, "So you can meet my mom."

Eld blushes at the thought of his family meeting (Y/n). He sure was lucky to have someone so beautiful and caring as his partner. He happily hums thinking about what his future could look like if things turned out well for them.

(Y/n) couldn't bring herself to tell him that she was with Ymir. That she had gone behind his back and started a new relationship without telling him. It's cheating, she thinks and pouts, I'm a cheater

Eren slows down his horse to ride alongside (Y/n). He notices her cute little pout. He smiles at his friend which she returns. They finally arrive at Karanes and stand at the gates to enter Wall Maria. (Y/n) could hear the crowd screaming at them. Some saying crude things like how what they did was a waste of tax money. Her ears perk at the mention of her name.

"That's (Y/n) (L/n), right?" a woman says, her wrinkled eyes glued on her figure upon the horse.

"Yeah, it's scary that she could turn on us," her friend says back. (Y/n) glances at them, giving them a sweet smile.

"Crap! She heard us" one of the women say and they hurriedly walk into the alleyway. (Y/n) watches them disappear into the dark alley, sighing. She didn't feel good about this expedition, so many things were on her mind. I can't let myself get distracted.

(Y/n) turns her head, scanning the crowd when they spot familiar blue eyes. The person was hidden under a hood, but their eyes were as clear as day. Before (Y/n) could call out to the person, Erwin announces the opening of the gate. (Y/n) looks back to the front. She gives Eren a tight lip smile, and they ride off out of the wall. 

They were riding through some houses when titans appeared. The support team deploys to kill the titans and clear up the path. Once they were out in the open and Erwin shouted to get into the long-distance formation, (Y/n) guides Bolt to head towards the right-wing of the formation.

"(Y/n)!" Squad Levi shouts noticing her riding her horse away from them.

"Captain Levi! (Y/n) has disrupted the formation!" Oluo states, glaring at the fading girl.

"(Y/n)!" Eren screams for her to turn back but her body was becoming smaller and smaller.

"Captain Levi, let me go get her," Eld says, worry lacing his words. He wanted to, no, he needed to go after her. He didn't know if she would come across anything dangerous.