Chapter 58

Protector

(Y/n) sat on the edge of the wall with her right arm around her torso. The pain was unbearable and no amount of magic healing would make it go away. She decided to conserve her energy so she had to push through the pain.

Her (e/c) eyes close for a second to take in a deep breath. Without warning, her body is blasted to the side. Her body tumbles through the wall, the sharp stone cutting at her skin and black suit. She grabs onto a piece of the stone to keep herself from rolling off the wall.

Her fingernails dig into the stone, cracking and snapping them. A curse mixed in with pain comes out of her and the dust blows in her face. She shields her face as pieces of the wall's stone flies towards her. The pain of her chest becomes stronger as she suffocates on the dust.

The dust soon lifts to reveal a tall figure. The figure had a hunchback with long arms that reach down to its forward bent knees. Claws thicker than her forearm stretch out and crimson eyes dangerously glare at her. Her eyes widen when she realizes what was in front of her.

'A rogue demon? Why now?' she narrows her eyes down and the necklace heats up to alarm her of the danger. However, confusion arises within her when the figure melts into the shadows. The necklace heats more and she looks down at her shadow. The crimson eyes glare at her and before she knew it, the figure was on top of her.

The claws pierce the ground with her arms trapped under her palm. Panic floods her body as she uses her legs to keep the figure's bare canines biting into her neck. She pushes the figure while focusing the air into the sole of her shows. The figure is blasted into the air away from her, giving her the chance to twist her body and jump onto her feet.

She brings her hands in front of her, balling them into fists to position herself to fight whatever was that thing. The figure lands on the stone wall and snarls at her before launching at her. She ducks to the side as one of the claws passes by her and she punches the figure's torso.

The figure is thrown away from her, but it recuperates rather fast. The figure sinks into a rock's shadow that was laying around. (Y/n) clicks her tongue, her eyes analyzing where the creature could come from. Her ears perk up as the sound of footsteps approaches her.

"(Y/n)!" a man's voice calls out to her and she looks over at who called her.

Miles's eyes widen and he brings his leg up. He kicks it down on the ground and a piece of the stone wall moves to form a spike behind her. She turns around to witness the stone piercing the figure's abdomen.

She takes that as her chance to get away and she runs up to Miles, her arms wrapping around his wrist to pull him away. Her cold hands grasp harshly onto his wrist, pulling him away from whatever that creature was.

"Was that a rogue demon?" Miles asks in shock. She shakes her to indicate that it wasn't one, that it was something else. A light bulb goes off in her head. It was like that creature that appeared before her ancestor a long time ago. It was probably sent by Adonis's ancestors.

Curses fill her mind as she tries to come up with a plan to kill the creature. Her necklace heats up and she pulls Miles into her arms, picking him up bridal style and jumping off the wall as the figure appears in front of her using the shadows.

Miles lets out a scream at the sudden action and they land on a roof just as Eren's titan form crashes into the wall. Pure chaos was unraveling and she needed to deal with the creature before it could get to her friends, although, the creature seemed focused on her and only her.

Miles stands up, throws (Y/n)'s body over her shoulder, and runs onto another roof to dodge the debris falling, "Don't ever carry me again or jump off a fifty-meter wall without a warning!"