Chapter 30

Wedding Vows

Erwin sat at his desk, writing a letter when Levi and (Y/n) walk in. Hanji is leaning against the wall with Moblit next to her. At the sight of her dear friend, Hanji runs up to (Y/n) and brings her into a tight, bear hug. (Y/n) wraps her arms around Hanji, missing the feeling of her hugs. Hanji pulls away from her to look at (Y/n)'s face.

"I've missed my partner in crime" Hanji cheerily says and Levi clicks his tongue at her.

"Can you get any louder, shitty glasses?" Levi mocks as he makes his way further into the room to get close to Erwin.

"You're just jealous I can hug her freely and you can't, shorty" Hanji teases him and he holds back from sticking the middle finger up at her. He would never admit it to anyone, but over the years he had grown attached to the bickering he held every day with the titan-crazed woman.

"I miss your hugs" (Y/n) pouts as she brings Hanji in for another hug. They embrace each other and separate to speak with Erwin. He gets up from his seat to speak to them.

"Now that we're all here, we need to discuss things about Eren, Historia, and you," Erwin announces and motions towards her, "The Survey Corps is under the scrutiny of the government and soon they will receive news of (Y/n)'s involvement with the Righteous Angels."

"The government will come after us so we can't trust anyone," Erwin states as he sits back down onto his desk's chair. He takes a deep breath in, "Many things are going to happen as we move forward. I need all of you to depend on each other and if anything happens to me, Hanji is to become Commander of the Survey Corps. You may all go."

Everyone leaves the room, except for (Y/n). She stands by the door, her eyes watching the blonde man, "What are you planning?"

"I can't tell you, in case you're a spy, but it has to do with politics," Erwin replies with a small smile on his face. She smiles back at him.

"Alert me before you overthrow the government, so I can join in on the party," (Y/n) jokes and she turns around to head towards the door. She grabs onto the doorknob when Erwin calls out to her.

"(Y/n), thank you for saving me from the titan. I never got to tell you back on the field," he says as he gazes at her figure, "I'm sorry about Cadet Ymir."

"It's fine, she chose to go with them," (Y/n) replies and she opens the door. She looks back at him with her devious smirk, "I thought you needed a hand with the titan so you don't have to thank me."

"I see that you're going to start making fun of my missing limb," Erwin says with a chuckle and he nods at her, "Good luck, (Y/n)."

She nods at him and leaves the room, closing the door behind her. She walks through the corridors and outside of the headquarters. Levi stood by the gates of the headquarters, gazing at the busy streets of Trost. She walks up to him, "What are you thinking?"

"Nothing," Levi mutters, but she notices how his shoulders slump forward. She wraps her hand around his left hand and she pulls him into the streets of Trost. She looks back at him with a smile so bright that it almost blinded him.

"Let's have fun while Hanji packs up," (Y/n) says and she pulls him into the streets. He pulls his hands away from her's and follows behind her with his arms crossed. They walk into a small centre of the town that has merchants lined at the perimeters with various goods.