Chapter 13

Starry Night

Sunlight shines onto the (h/c) haired girl's face. Her eyes twitch and she rolls her body to hide her face from the sun. However, it was too late to go back to sleep. Once the sun was up, she was up. Sleep was something hard for her to do, especially when memories and nightmares plague her dreams.

"Satan, if I had the power to turn off the sun, I would" (Y/n) mumbles, trying to keep her eyes close. She lets out a snort, feeling one of (c/n)'s hairs landing on her nose. She lets out a grumble, opening her eyes up at the feline standing on her chest, "Fine, I'll get up."

(C/n) jumps off her and onto the wood floor, letting out a disappointed meow. (Y/n) rolls her eyes at the cat who is judging her. (Y/n) gets off the bed, feeling dizzy from standing up too fast. Even her demon powers couldn't help her from her iron deficiency. (Y/n) walks up to her nightstand, grabbing onto the iron pills and popping one into her mouth. 

Her eyes gaze at the letter she had written last night before going to sleep. It was a letter to Miles, asking to look over her brother for her. (Y/n) has a feeling that the Military Police would try to get to him somehow, even though he was highly ranked. (C/n) meows at her, glaring at her.

"I know I have to let him go" (Y/n) snaps back at the cat, her hands on her hips, "But I have a feeling something bad is going to happen."

(C/n) turns her head away from the girl and walks up to the door, scratching as if telling her to leave the room already. (Y/n) lets out an annoyed puff of air and changes into her uniform. Once she was ready to leave, she grabs onto the letter and leaves the room with (c/n) trailing behind her.

A short man bumps into her, the letter falling from her hands. Levi grabs onto the letter, reading over the name Miles and a few words stood out to him. Words like "Madame", "brothel", and "brother" were the things he made a mental note of to research later. Why would she be writing about a brothel and her brother in the same letter? he thought.

"Hey! Don't read my letter" (Y/n) grumbles, snatching the letter out of his hand, "It's personal."

"Tch. Your business became my business when you turned out to be nonhuman," Levi states and walks past her, not letting her get the chance of calling him one of her insulting nicknames. Levi at one point had decided to not let (Y/n) get to him. He thought that if he just ignored it, their relationship would better.

Levi walks up to double wooden doors and knocks, stating his name. A voice from inside calls him to enter so he opens the door and slides in. Erwin gives him a confused expression, wondering why his friend was in his office.

"I have a feeling (Y/n) is hiding a part of her life" Levi states, "I want access to all her files and I want a map of Stohess. You and I know very well that she is hiding something. I haven't personally seen her hand to hand combat skills, but the other night I saw a scar that was from a bullet."

"A gunshot wound? How would she get a gunshot wound?" Erwin questions, his eyebrows furrowed. He opens up one of his cabinets at his desk and takes out a thick file, "This is her information. I'll send a map of Stohess to your office once I find it."

"Thank you" Levi states and tucks the files under his arm.

"If you find anything, alert me immediately" Erwin commands, "It's an order."

"Yes, sir" Levi salutes, leaving the room. He walks through the empty halls until he reaches the postal room. Its door was wide open and two familiar voices stopped him from continuing his path. He peeks inside, he sees the (h/c) haired girl happily conversing with a man who he identified as Eld.