Chapter 23

Fight to Live

(Y/n) scans the roof to try and find his body, but she couldn't. Her necklace heats up once again and she creates a dome of air around her. Fire devours the air dome. Once the fire has lifted, (Y/n) shadow travels out of the smoke and into the light.

Fredrik has his back turned to her, so she creates a ball of air in her left arm and punches it into his lower back. His spine gives out a sickening crack, flying across the red-tiled roof. Fredrik lifts his body from the roof, fire blazing in his hands.

(Y/n) sticks out both of her hands. A wind sword appears in both of her palms. She had learned a neat trick back in Hell where she could shape the wind into weapons. She grips onto the handles of the wind swords.

"You've gotten stronger" Fredrik points out the obvious. 

"And you've gotten weaker" (Y/n) taunts, she runs up to him. She jumps up to be above him and brings down both her swords. He creates a fire shield with his hands, protecting his head from being cut by the wind blades.

She moves back. He watches her as she smirks at him and turns her back around. She propels herself into the sky, running away from him. He runs after her, using his fire to launch himself into the sky. He continues chasing her until they reach the top of the wall.

(Y/n) lands on the wall, making the Garrisons stare at her with shock, "All of you get out of here!"

They take her advice and run away from her. Fredrik lands in front of her, his body sliding towards the other side. He runs at her, throwing a right hook to her face. She steps towards his right and kicks his right side. He grunts as his body slides across the wall.

He glances down at the ground 50-meters below. People began watching them fight on top of the wall, anticipating what was to come next. The two titan shifters rage in the distance. Fredrik gets up with his fists ready to throw more punches. (Y/n) shrugs at him as if telling him she was bored.

"Bitch" Fredrik insults as he throws another punch at her. This time (Y/n) just leans back, deflecting all his punches, "I never liked you. I always found you pathetically naive."

"I did like you" (Y/n) says back at him, catching him off guard. She takes his opportunity to grab his left hand, sidestep, and pin it behind his arm, "I loved Tatiana, she was a wonderful dancer and singer. I looked up to her, to you. And you turned your back on us. You have no right to hate me."

"I've done nothing against you, so why are you fighting me with the intent to kill?" (Y/n) asks while she puts more pressure on his wrist. He grunts and heats up his wrist, burning her hand. She jumps back as he twists his body and blows fire at her from his mouth.

She points her hands in front of her and moves them around as if she was creating a ball of wind. The air around his neck starts swirling around, creating a helmet kind of shape. He grasps onto his neck, trying to breathe.

Down below, Annie slams into the wall trying to climb up, but Mikasa cuts her fingers making the titan fall onto the ground. Eren's titan form screams as he tears away at the female titan.

"Because you're tainted by your blood. You were born cursed so you have no right to live," Fredrik gasps out. He lifts up his left leg, shooting out flames at her. She releases the air around his neck to deflect the fire.

Fredrik appears beside her and punches her so hard she goes flying into the air. People gasp as they see her fly through the air. She concentrates air beneath her feet as if she was flying. Her black skirt blows through the wind.

Fredrik creates fire propellers below his feet and launches himself at her. He throws a punch in the air but she brings her left arm up. She brings it down and a burst of wind harshly slams him into the ground 50-meters below them. She lands in the crater his body had created.