Chapter 41

Agreements and Cigarettes

Erwin glares down at the two people sitting in front of him. (Y/n) had her hands on her laps, looking down at the ground with anxiety while Levi leans back in his chair with his legs crossed over. The blonde man smiles at them, "So, you finally found your way to each other?"

"What does that mean?" Levi asks and frowns at his friend.

"It was clear since the day of the first court trial that you were interested in her" Erwin states and rests his chin on his left arm, "I'm not going to scold you or anything, I think love is a beautiful thing. However, Levi, I consider you a close friend but I consider (Y/n) as my own."

"So if you dare hurt her in any form, I will bestow Hell upon you" Erwin warns and Levi glares at him.

"Tch, so annoying" he mutters and looks away from his friend. 

"You're both excused," Erwin smiles at them and (Y/n) nods her head shyly as she stands up.

Levi follows after her out of the door and Erwin smirks. He had never seen the loud girl be so timid and frail. It was a cute expression that he had never seen on her before. He sighs, "I wonder how her friends will take the news."

(Y/n) stands in front of her guest room's door and Levi stands in front of her, "Um, well this is goodnight."

"Yeah," Levi whispers and kisses her forehead. Her face warms at the sweet act, "Goodnight, rest well. I hope you like the necklace."

"Goodnight and I love it even without seeing it," she hums and walks into her room, closing the door behind her. Levi smiles at the door before heading down the hall to his own room. 

(Y/n) strips from her wet clothes and she realize that she still had his jacket. She smiles at it warmly and hangs it. She dries her body with a warm, fuzzy towel. She drapes the towel over her figure as she sits down at the vanity.

Her eyes shine as she trails the details of the choker with her finger. She lays her head down on the desk, her arms becoming her pillows. She closes her eyes, accepting sleep.

"Madame Ava," I say as I walk into the brothel. She glances at me over her shoulder, "I was wondering if you could teach something new."

"Hmm, let's see, how about acrobatics?" she asks me and her red painted lips form a kind smile.

"Sure!" I agree and she ushers me to put on comfortable clothes. We stand in an empty room and she helps me do a backflip by supporting my back. She then tells me to do it by myself and when I do, I land on my head.

A scream escapes my lips as I hold onto my head while I cried. Madame Ava plants a kiss on my forehead and rubs the spot I hit gently, "Now, now, don't cry my child. You'll be okay so dry those tears and get back up. Never give up because I'll always be here to support you."

I wipe away my tears and she helped me do a few more backflips before I was able to do it by myself. When I showed her I could do it, she took me out to get lemon-flavored ice cream.

A knock awakens her from her dream. She quickly throws on a sleeping gown, forgetting that she had fallen asleep with only her undergarments. She opens to door to reveal her black haired friend. Mikasa looks at her, "Were you crying?"

"Huh?" (Y/n) asks and brings her hand up to her tear-stained cheek.

"Nightmare?" Mikasa asks as she walks into her room and (Y/n) closes the door behind her.

"More like a bittersweet dream" she replies and sits down on her bed next to the black-haired girl, "What brings you to my room?"

"Historia says she wants to do this special program for the kids from the Underground. She took your words to heart you know. All the ideas she is talking about are all similar to what you used to preach back in the dorm," Mikasa hums.