Chapter 43

Poisoned Thorns

(Y/n) couldn't make sense of what was going on. She was being pulled through a thick water-like substance that hindered her senses and made her feel suffocated. She felt claustrophobic for the first time in her life. She felt that if she didn't leave that place, then she would drown.

She struggles against the roots and they relinquish her body. She moves upwards to break through the surface. She breaks through the thick liquid with a loud gasp. She crawls up the grass, coughing so harshly that her lungs were burning.

"I'm sorry I had to drag you though that, but you hadn't come seen me in a while" Gaea speaks softly beside her and (Y/n) shoots her a glare.

"Why would you do that? I felt like I was going to die!" (Y/n) screams in anger at her ancestor.

Gaea's hazel eyes shine in amusement, "That's the only way I can drag you here. You either teleport here yourself or I have to drag you through the realms."

"Well, you could have given me a warning and I would have willingly come" (Y/n) spits out, still angry at her, "Anyways, what do we even have to talk about? I killed Nikolas and now I just have to end the other relative's life, right?"

"I have no doubt you will end this bloodline war, but I have a question. What will you do once you achieve the ultimate power? It will be bestowed upon you by my parent," Gaea asks and (Y/n) feels the hair of the back of her neck stand. 

There was something different, something off. (Y/n) could sense something sinister as if the woman in front of her wanted something more. (Y/n) gulps as she slowly moves back, "I don't know what I'll do...I don't even know what I can use it for and I don't think I would ever use it."

"Then how about give it to me?" Gaea asks, a soft smile on her face.

Her veins pump with adrenaline as her mind screams at her to run. (Y/n) stumbles up to run away from her ancestor. There was something dangerous about the woman, something that (Y/n) had never sensed before.

A growl comes from behind her. (Y/n) swallows down the anxiety, running faster. She tries to imagine Levi to shadow travel, but nothing was happening. She was stuck in her ancestor's realm. A vine shoots out from under her and she dives away from it.

However, her attempts are futile. Wherever she landed a new vine would sprout and try to grab her. She needed to think clearly if she wanted to get out of the situation, but her brain was scattered. She slams her fist into her temple, trying to bring her back to the problem.

An unsuspecting vine sprouts from the ground and wraps around her bare leg, its thorns ripping through her flesh. A scream escapes her mouth as she tries to move her leg away. However, the thorns were stuck inside causing more pain.

More vines wrap around her, digging their thorns into her skin. She now laid in the wildflower field, her blood staining the pure flowers. Her arms and legs were spread out securing her in place while another vine wraps around her forehead keeping it down.

Gaea crawls over her body. Her curly, black-haired tickling (Y/n)'s face. She had a toothy smile on her face and her hazel eyes expressed the madness she felt. A giggle rips through her lips as she leans down close to (Y/n)'s face.

Her slim hand wraps around (Y/n)'s throat, "You think you can get away from me? Your own, precious ancestor? The source of all your power? Be a good girl and play the game."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" (Y/n) spits out in anger and Gaea's slim hands tighten around her throat.

"I have spent the past seven hundred years stuck in this disgustingly peaceful realm, chastised and locked out of my home while every other God paraded in the human realm," her once soft voice had deepened, "I need the power (Y/n), and you will give it to me."