Chapter 28

Goodbye

A blood-covered branch had pierced her left thigh. She grips onto it, crying from the pain of the wound. She sits up, her eyes watching as chaos ensues. Reiner kept throwing titans at them. Erwin was on the ground, his arm still bleeding while Eren and Mikasa stare up at a smiley blonde titan. 

Historia is talking to Ymir about something, but (Y/n) didn't give two shits since everyone around her is dying. She remembers that Jean also got blown off his horse so she searches for him on the grass. His body is lying face down, clear that he had gotten badly injured. She crawls her way towards him, the branch still in her left thigh.

Her hands grab onto his body. His forehead has a deep gash and his breathing is shallow. He is seconds away from death. (Y/n) cries out to him trying to wake him up. She brings his head to her chest, her tears falling onto him. She had once again failed everyone. I have to stop being so weak, I need to be stronger!

Her eyes gaze at three titans making their way towards Jean and her. She holds Jean tighter in her arms. She feels the wind tickle at her body. It was calling for her to say the words. She closes her eyes. The image of her gorgeous ancestor coming to her mind. Her mind turns as she tries to identify the name of her ancestor.

"You will know my name when you need to call for it" she had told her. (Y/n) takes a deep breath, her mind suddenly stopping. The titans stand before her, observing her with their wide, greedy eyes. She glares at them and then up at the sky. The sunrise painted a beautiful pink, orange glow, one like she had never seen before.

One of the titan's hand hovers around her figure, its fingers seem to move in slow motion as (Y/n) felt the wave of emotions hit her. She had to do it to save herself and everyone. Determine twinkles in her eyes as she cries out, "Gaea!"

Strong wind thrashes around her. Giant roots break through the ground, grabbing onto the titans and ripping them apart. Blood sprays everywhere. (Y/n) gazes at her ancestor appear before her with her arms wide open.

Her beautiful hazel eyes glance back at her, "Heal the boy."

(Y/n) nods her head and leans her face close to Jean's face. She places her lips on his soft lips. She deepens the kiss when she feels the warmth of the white light. She slowly moves away from his face once the healing process was over. Jean's gash was gone and his breathing had returned to normal.

He slowly opens his eyes. He blushes at her, "Wh-what happened?"

"Nothing," (Y/n) whispers back and looks back up at her ancestor, Gaea. Her curly black hair flows through the wind as she continues ripping at multiple titans surrounding them. (Y/n) helps Jean stand up. She bents over in pain from the branch buried in her leg.

"I'll hold off these titans" Gaea states as she lifts her right arm up. More roots rip through the Earth grabbing onto any titan near them. (Y/n) nods her head and Jean helps her walk back to the horses. She gazes up at Eren and Mikasa and her eyes go wide. Hannes body was being chewed by the smiley titan.

The smiley titan reaches out to grab onto her friends and she cries out to them, "Eren! Mikasa!"

A strong wind pushes the smiley titan back, keeping it from grabbing onto her friends. Her left arm reaches out to put more pressure on the titan, but her powers were growing weak by the second. She had weakened herself when she healed Jean. Eren glances back at her, his features soft.

"Thank you" Eren mouths at her and he stands in front of Mikasa. He brings his hand up to punch the titan's hand. His fist lands on the smiley titan's palm. Jean holds (Y/n) back from running towards him. A titan behind them jumps over them.